Things to expect at the Anfield Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently too. However whats hard for us is sometimes to see that this is just another game to most of the players now. We haven't got enough players who relate to the club in such a way that makes it anymore important.

As a group, and for the manager they seem to play better as underdogs. The manager is able to drill a simple plan and they seem happy to stick to it.

We were 30 seconds away from getting a draw with Leicester yesterday. We were very credible against Manchester City when they came to Goodison.

They are probably a bit more nervous than us. No Allisson and Fabinho, Salah not quite right and they are keen not to give any of the chasing pack much encouragement.

We will see, they have great players and I could look stupid. If we set up 5.4.1 though I can see us being quite effective.
Does that include the bus....just asking, like?

I don’t think they are even bothered about us enough to care, we barely register on the Kopites I know.

Maybe if we all collectively pretend this game doesn´t matter they´ll take their eye off the ball and we´ll win. Then we can have our open top bus parade
I have recently too. However whats hard for us is sometimes to see that this is just another game to most of the players now. We haven't got enough players who relate to the club in such a way that makes it anymore important.

As a group, and for the manager they seem to play better as underdogs. The manager is able to drill a simple plan and they seem happy to stick to it.

We were 30 seconds away from getting a draw with Leicester yesterday. We were very credible against Manchester City when they came to Goodison.

They are probably a bit more nervous than us. No Allisson and Fabinho, Salah not quite right and they are keen not to give any of the chasing pack much encouragement.

We will see, they have great players and I could look stupid. If we set up 5.4.1 though I can see us being quite effective.

It´s probably 50/50 on whether it´s a 4-0 rout or a last minute VAR winner. Problem is, we need the end result isn´t going to be that send us into work happy the next day.

Chippy, thing is it doesn't take much to get them caring about us. Then when we take over they get viciously bitter and nasty.
They care alright, it's just that they can afford to act nonchalantly and dismissively at the present time.

Doesn't help that it's a night match when you've only got 2,500 on your side out of 54,000. Oh for the old days when we had the whole Anfield Rd and a third of the Kop. Not that it led to many victories mind!

Mate do not let the tv fool you, like most teams in the prem only one stand really sings.

Apart from the depressing song they sing at the start and end it's now common to all fans, thanks partly to social media, that the anfield atmosphere is a myth,

If you went to the games under fat Sam, we sang them out easily despite the awful football, and it's not really any different to any other team in the prem (I can imagine it's different in the champs league)

Not that it'll help us win, or with the VAR decisions, as we are such a petheric team at the the moment.

Anyway in a nut shell, sky and the American broadcasters are making them sound brilliant on tv for marketing purposes as if they're some sort of team destined for greatness to feed the cult.

The first VAR decision made after the final whistle.
Hopefully it's to reserve Moshiri's decision to keep Silva on.

I'm thinking Sky will broadcast Moshiri walking into the dressing room, like Vince McMahon in WWE, after a 7-0 defeat and putting his arms around Silva and whispering "it's ok - you're safe", before all lights begin to blink and "VAR" is displayed across viewers' screens and on a monitor in the dressing room.

After a lengthy delay, following discussions between the Soccer Saturday panel, the decision "FIRED" is displayed on the screen, and Silva is sent on his way as there is no comeback to VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.