2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get shut or accept mediocrity. Same applies to .... and.... and ... and .. etc etc
The best teams in the world do not have 20 plus superstars in their squad.
Every squad needs players that accept not playing every week but when they do they can perform to a good level.
Walcott is a decent squad member and back up player.
We simply cannot get rid of twelve players and bring in twelve player at once... that will happen but it will take two or three years.
I actually think CA is lucky insofar that there are a number of players already at the club that he is delighted to have.
It is by no means a total rebuild job.

That is right, if it takes 2 years to get rid of about 10 then OK. 10 is a guess because some have been around so long I forget who is still drawing wages. Draw up the 5 worst and start with them, for small fees and free transfers if need be.

I don't rate his technical ability, but he still has the physical capabilities to worry opponents with his pace and movement. I'd keep him as a squad player (unless a decent bid comes in) but not renew his contract before next summer.

Got no back-up rm, this team can’t sell everyone. Need squad players.
Walcott:
Runs down wing then normally ends up a goal kick
Can go 20 minutes in a game without touching the ball
Touch like an elephant
10 goals in 3 years!

What does he offer?

I get the need for squad players but you don’t have squad players as one of the highest earners at the club. Get rid.
I don’t think he will feature in the top 4 or 5 to let go. If a suitable offer comes in, I’m sure we would consider it, but I doubt we are actively looking to move him on.

Walcott:
Runs down wing then normally ends up a goal kick
Can go 20 minutes in a game without touching the ball
Touch like an elephant
10 goals in 3 years!

What does he offer?

The most for our wingers like. Not counting Richy as winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.