2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should stick with 442...give the opposition something to think about.

Bernard left -- Kean right and DCL + Richarlison up top.

That would be exciting.
Kean has shown no ability or aptitude to track a full back.

He's a centre forward FFS.

He's struggling as it is - why give him a task he is ill equiped to perform?

Do you want to obliterate his confidence ?

When has Kean ever played wide right in a 4-4-2 ?
Kean has shown no ability or aptitude to track a full back.

He's a centre forward FFS.

He's struggling as it is - why give him a task he is ill equiped to perform?

Do you want to obliterate his confidence ?

He's played wide right (albeit in a 3) probably more times than at centre forward...

Not quite sure what the fixation is with a 19 year old being pigeon holed into a specific position...seems peculiar.

Dont see many "FFS Richarlison is a left winger" shouts these days...wonder why? Could be because hes played CF for Brazil youth teams and found his way back there...just as Kean has played wide right...

He's played wide right (albeit in a 3) probably more times than at centre forward...

Not quite sure what the fixation is with a 19 year old being pigeon holed into a specific position...seems peculiar.

Dont see many "FFS Richarlison is a left winger" shouts these days...wonder why? Could be because hes played CF for Brazil youth teams and found his way back there...just as Kean has played wide right...
Zat , usually enjoy and appreciate your posts but ;

a. If you don't know the difference between playing wide in a 3 man attack and wide in a 4 man midfield then you need to educate yourself and

b. you must surely appreciate the struggle that Kean as a 19 year old , in foreign country , where there is so much expectation of him , failing to get game time is then asked to take on a role completely alien to him. Just imagine that unacustomed to the position he switches off , fails to track his full back who sets up a goal for United , yep that's really going to help him.

Zat , usually enjoy and appreciate your posts but ;

a. If you don't know the difference between playing wide in a 3 man attack and wide in a 4 man midfield then you need to educate yourself and

b. you must surely appreciate the struggle that Kean as a 19 year old , in foreign country , where there is so much expectation of him , failing to get game time is then asked to take on a role completely alien to him. Just imagine that unacustomed to the position he switches off , fails to track his full back who sets up a goal for United , yep that's really going to help him.

I really think we need his pace from the flank and as much of a goal threat as possible...

We have to take our chances...its either Bernard and Iwobi wide or we chuck Kean in there...

I wouldnt change DCL and Richarlison up top...genuine threats.

Think we'll score 3 today...have a feeling.

One year left on his contract, I think it's sensible to keep him until the end unless an offer comes in. He can still offer a threat (when fit) and clearly has a good attitude which is important. No hard feelings against him even though he's not the best player. Give him Walcott over Iwobi any day of the week.

One year left on his contract, I think it's sensible to keep him until the end unless an offer comes in. He can still offer a threat (when fit) and clearly has a good attitude which is important. No hard feelings against him even though he's not the best player. Give him Walcott over Iwobi any day of the week.
With our lack of wide options there is no reason to move on before his contract is up. I actually think he would do well for us if we didn't also sign Richarlison who fills the role of goal scoring, creatively challenged wideish player at a higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.