2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best winger, which doesn’t really say much. His decision making and balls into the box were poor today but at least he got himself about and tried to make things happen out there. More than can be said about any of our other wingers. Mad to say we missed him when he was out injured.

He was decent, but I still can't explain why, when he looks up as he reaches the by-line, he hits it miles away from any Everton player in the box.

He put one good cross in for dcl. The others were to no-one. He did put himself about though.

I shudder to think what would be said about Iwobi if he put in a performance like that. Oh wait I don't have to wonder because it happened last week.

Walcott was fine, not good enough if that's all he's giving us, but fine enough today.

I think he is decent. He still has the pace and we play much better with him in the team. Ideally, we’d be looking to sell him though, and put his 120k a week wages towards a new, superior, replacement.

Same as he's always been, fast with no brain and any end product. He just got ten chances a game at arsenal. But hey, he'll be an option next season off the bench with pace.

I think he has a future under Ancelotti. Carlo seems to like him and I think he's been better under him than he was under Silva. (He was better under Allardyce than Silva too). He's a bigger name player who should respond well to Carlo's man management. Given the paucity of right sided players in the squad, I'd expect him to see out his contract under Carlo and chip in with 5-6 goals next season. Nothing special, but not the kind of figure of hatred that Iwobi is sadly becoming.

Walcott would be happy as Larry as a squad player, playing every so often but
ceding the starting role to a better winger.

Walcott came here to fill his financial bucket and provide for his family and his older age.
No fire in his belly but would do his bit, a few weeks off injured to get same decent massages,
and pleased to come on and show his mug owners that he can nick the odd goal.

He would never have been entertained at Anfield but he got his payday here. And all from Fat Sam.

Makes yer think..

Walcott would be happy as Larry as a squad player, playing every so often but
ceding the starting role to a better winger.

Walcott came here to fill his financial bucket and provide for his family and his older age.
No fire in his belly but would do his bit, a few weeks off injured to get same decent massages,
and pleased to come on and show his mug owners that he can nick the odd goal.

He would never have been entertained at Anfield but he got his payday here. And all from Fat Sam.

Makes yer think..
Probably would have put in more of a shift at Mordor too, if he had gone there.

some of the balls he's putting in would be converted if we had strikers who anticipated it and hared into the 6 yd box

But when they do that he puts it behind them. Walcott makes us play better as a team because he gets us up the pitch and puts us in good positions, but his final ball is horrendous way too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.