2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.

In an ideal world he wouldn´t be here but as others have pointed out there are probably more pressing concerns in the squad. I could easily change that opinion once he gets a run of games and proves himself to be useless once more.

Is a great sub to have at our disposal. Not a starter for me, but an adequate sub.
He’s the best winger we currently have. That means starter. Ideal world, he’s a sub, but I don’t see him as one of our main priorities to improve upon. Think we’ll only be signing one winger unless we can somehow offload Iwobi or Bernard for decent money.

Many of our other players can huff and puff all day but they have no quality. Walcott still has that bit of quality that puts him above the rest of the dross. He has one year left on his contract, so we could do with cashing in on him and buying a replacement whilst he still has some appeal to other clubs.

Almost everybody agrees that Theo is a top class professional and has been hard done by injuries. He's disappointed more than excited with us due to his awful lack of end product, yet still by far our most effective wide player. With a year left after this season for Theo we need to be shifting Iwobi and Bernard, keeping Theo, giving Gordon plenty of game time next season and getting a further quality winger in in the summer. Do we have any other from the academy who can challenge for a place in the squad alongside Gordon? I'd like 4 wide players, none of whom are Bernard or Iwobi. That's my take on the wide players anyway - - Bernard and Iwobi aren't worth a carrot between them.

There's no way we get rid of our only right winger. Has nobody else been watching Iwobi play there? Is that what you all want? Even if we sign a RW, and as far as I can tell we haven't been linked with a single one, we will still need cover.

I would keep hold of him unless he is part of a swap deal for Hoijberg. And tbh, if he is, I wouldn't want us too give much money on top, seen as they no longer want him and he has made it clear he wants to move. They each have a year left, so neither should return much by way of a fee, but I imagine Walcott will be on a much bigger salary, which might make up the difference in value.

If we can do a straight swap, or as close as, we could make our 1st move in attempting to fix the rotten midfield and save money in wages on a player 6 years younger.

Then we could look to shift Sigurdsson, Bernard, and if possible, Iwobi, and bring in 1 direct winger with pace and something of an end product, and another mobile Centre Mid with a bit of quality and discipline. That would be a fantastic start.

Status
Not open for further replies.