2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but only when he was at it.
There were so many games where he was just a non-entity. Take the derby at home where it took him until the final minutes to run at CB playing LB Klavan. Or vs Watford away when we were dying for him to take responsibility.
On his day he's fantastic. When he's not arsed he's a liability.

You don’t like quick footballers do you?

Agreed, but only when he was at it.
There were so many games where he was just a non-entity. Take the derby at home where it took him until the final minutes to run at CB playing LB Klavan. Or vs Watford away when we were dying for him to take responsibility.
On his day he's fantastic. When he's not arsed he's a liability.
You forget his manager was Sam defend a 0-0 and only try to win in the last 10 minutes allardyce.

In a balanced organised and attacking team Walcott is going to shine in my opinion. Make him one of the stars and treat him as such. He was head and shoulders better than most of the team combined after he joined. A beacon to how badly Walsh had performed in the market

The whole creative force of the team was strangled last season when the pie shagger come in, I fancy us to destroy some teams this season. Theo will be vital in away games.

Absolutely do mate. But pace with a purpose. And Walcott delivers that- 4 times a season.

Nah mate, he's a good player.

He was good last season. In the derby he was clearly instructed to double up with the full-back. He followed those instructions.

He's not a winger who should stick down the line and whip crosses in. He should be given the freedom to cut inside and get on the end of things.

Get him fit, keep him fit, and he's our most accomplished attacker as it stands.

Theo's attitude was amazing last season, playing in an anti-football system after coming from free-wheeling Arsenal. He was good when let off the leash.

I expect big things from him this season now that he will actually be allowed to play football

He was good last season. In the derby he was clearly instructed to double up with the full-back. He followed those instructions.

He's not a winger who should stick down the line and whip crosses in. He should be given the freedom to cut inside and get on the end of things.

Get him fit, keep him fit, and he's our most accomplished attacker as it stands.

I think it's more flexible than that.

If we're up against Klavan, a CB playing LB, you'd want Walcott to demand the ball often by creating angles to receive the ball. Stay wide, get it and run at that grock Kopite.

He did that. Once. In something like the 82nd minute. I remember it vividly because I was watching the game with an Arsenal fan from work who, in response to the venting of my spleen about why it had taken so long for him to realise he had the better of him, replied "that's Theo Walcott- fantastic on his day, invisible most."

Question- do you really think Allardyce said to Walcott- avoid running at Klavan? Even factoring in the instructions you say he had- to protect Coleman from Mane, are you suggesting he had zero opportunities to get involved in the game before the 82nd minute? I don't buy it.

There is no doubting Walcott's ability or his pedigree. He is and should be one of our best attackers. I just don't why we keep making excuses for him when he has quiet games. Especially given the masses who grab the pitch forks when Sigurdsson has a quiet game.

I think it's more flexible than that.

If we're up against Klavan, a CB playing LB, you'd want Walcott to demand the ball often by creating angles to receive the ball. Stay wide, get it and run at that grock Kopite.

He did that. Once. In something like the 82nd minute. I remember it vividly because I was watching the game with an Arsenal fan from work who, in response to the venting of my spleen about why it had taken so long for him to realise he had the better of him, replied "that's Theo Walcott- fantastic on his day, invisible most."

Question- do you really think Allardyce said to Walcott- avoid running at Klavan? Even factoring in the instructions you say he had- to protect Coleman from Mane, are you suggesting he had zero opportunities to get involved in the game before the 82nd minute? I don't buy it.

There is no doubting Walcott's ability or his pedigree. He is and should be one of our best attackers. I just don't why we keep making excuses for him when he has quiet games. Especially given the masses who grab the pitch forks when Sigurdsson has a quiet game.

I don't think Walcott played well in that game but equally the tactics employed during the vast majority of it was to sit back and play long. It's all well and good Walcott demanding the ball, but the rest of the team were so deep anywhere he had close to 60 yards to run.

He came in and helped us. I think he can be a very good player for us this season. I don't think he had that many quiet games but it's all relative. He has never been a player that hammers teams for 90 minutes, or he did that very occasionally.

You know I agree with you on Gylfi.

This. I can’t remember what game it was last season but we only started to look dangerous when TW cut inside and broke forward. It was obvious that he broke away from the rules that BFS had laid out. Give him a bit more freedom and he’ll be a fantastic player I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.