The Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see his from yesterday, but will go hunt it down.

currently have ssn on the tv, everton tv on with the highlights so think that mickey houghton may be too much for my laptop to cope with :dodgy:

I seen yesterdays on the Skysports website.

I was buzzing mainly because thjat Hull fan went mental when they scored and then looked a bit of a blert for the rest of the game.

Could me in a pub, circa the 90s.

In my opinion, if he doesn't miss the penalty, around 90% of the criticism regarding his play yesterday wouldn't have existed. However, he missed the penalty, and, given that it was early in the match, it enabled spectator focus to be consumed with his missed chances throughout the remainder of the match. He doesn't take the penalty, or miss it for that matter, I believe the media would've praised his effort & chance creation throughout the match.

Had Howard saved every shot this year, we would be league Champions. His job is to score goals. It's not just about the penalty, but about the 2 or 3 chances he blew also, and the games he's played in since returning.

The season before his injury, he scored 3 Prem goals and 2 Europa goals in 16 matches. 4 goals came in the first 5 matches, and then it took him 11 games to score again.

Hang him. lol

Had Howard saved every shot this year, we would be league Champions. His job is to score goals. It's not just about the penalty, but about the 2 or 3 chances he blew also, and the games he's played in since returning.

The season before his injury, he scored 3 Prem goals and 2 Europa goals in 16 matches. 4 goals came in the first 5 matches, and then it took him 11 games to score again.

Hang him. lol

Bit harsh, don't ya think?

The Yak is outsdanding simples!

In my starting 11 everytime - i think its amazing a lot of people cant see it. If he didnt play for us i would want to sign him. As it is ill make do with Nzogbia - sort it out Davey!

Last edited:
In my opinion, if he doesn't miss the penalty, around 90% of the criticism regarding his play yesterday wouldn't have existed. However, he missed the penalty, and, given that it was early in the match, it enabled spectator focus to be consumed with his missed chances throughout the remainder of the match. He doesn't take the penalty, or miss it for that matter, I believe the media would've praised his effort & chance creation throughout the match.

There's an element of truth to this, but also the fact that he missed every other opportunity he had, he still would have been called out.

I gave him a pass on the ball that bounced off the bar, that was just bad luck, but after that everything seemed to be downhill (save for that beautiful cross to Arteta, which i still think was Yak's best play of the game).

He still turned the ball over, missed on shots, and spoiled several opportunities.

Yakooboo is slowly but surely finding his form again. Still seriously miffed by the arrogant penalty, we'd missed as soon as he shooed Arteta away!

Despite scoring today (which I am happy about of course) he was playing significantly worse than in previous 2 games. Not enough involved for my taste...

Yeah, but isn't this what you expect from strikers? You didn't want him to be involved in open play, you wanted him to score (as some others also). He just did it, you should be happy :).

He's [Poor language removed] mate. A goal doesn't change that.

Yeah, but isn't this what you expect from strikers? You didn't want him to be involved in open play, you wanted him to score (as some others also). He just did it, you should be happy :).

He wants a box to box striker who tackles in our box, their box, and scores 30 a season.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.