The Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakubu was good going forward against Hull, his only problem is finishing and hopefully this will come back to him in time, remember the man had a long injury spell

The Yak could have easily had a hattrick yesterday. If we can get both him and Saha firing on all cylinders and vying for the lone striker position, then they will give defenders a torrid time between them. I still don't think they can play as a partnership.

Seen a few varied media reports on his performance yesterday, I thought he worked hard but looked a bit short of confidence slotting the ball away, it will come.

Some articles ripped into him like. Opinions eh?

Seen a few varied media reports on his performance yesterday, I thought he worked hard but looked a bit short of confidence slotting the ball away, it will come.

Some articles ripped into him like. Opinions eh?

In my opinion, if he doesn't miss the penalty, around 90% of the criticism regarding his play yesterday wouldn't have existed. However, he missed the penalty, and, given that it was early in the match, it enabled spectator focus to be consumed with his missed chances throughout the remainder of the match. He doesn't take the penalty, or miss it for that matter, I believe the media would've praised his effort & chance creation throughout the match.

In my opinion, if he doesn't miss the penalty, around 90% of the criticism regarding his play yesterday wouldn't have existed. However, he missed the penalty, and, given that it was early in the match, it enabled spectator focus to be consumed with his missed chances throughout the remainder of the match. He doesn't take the penalty, or miss it for that matter, I believe the media would've praised his effort & chance creation throughout the match.

That's likely to be spot on.

Player stereotyping plays its part too, with many getting sucked in by the lazy tag he's acquired. Now don't get me wrong, he can be a frustrating at times, but yesterday he was all over the pitch challenging for the ball and laying off, people don't spot this though. Look at the second goal, it was his run to the near post that took two defenders with him to create the space for Pienaar to sex Arteta for his second goal.

Anyway, BOOOOOOOOOOO.

the Fanzone (on skysports) was hilarious when he was calling the Yak's penelty kick, haha...

I thought he played well, but missed a sitter or two in my opinion (one being the PK, the other being the pass for Donovan)...

The commentators were laying into him as well, calling him a "lazy" player, but "that's his style"... not sure what to make of it.

the Fanzone (on skysports) was hilarious when he was calling the Yak's penelty kick, haha...

I thought he played well, but missed a sitter or two in my opinion (one being the PK, the other being the pass for Donovan)...

The commentators were laying into him as well, calling him a "lazy" player, but "that's his style"... not sure what to make of it.

That's Micky Houghton. He's mental.

Yak looked less lazy to me yesterday.

Put himself about. His first touch was abit off but it's coming.

I say LAY OFF THE YAK! :D

That's Micky Houghton. He's mental.

Yak looked less lazy to me yesterday.

Put himself about. His first touch was abit off but it's coming.

I say LAY OFF THE YAK! :D

I think you put Mickey's state of mind lightly. Mickey is beyond mental imo. What's funny is he did say the Yak is the worst penalty taker in the world before the kick, and when he missed, he was in no way surprised. He even echoed some of the users here in saying he should've given it to Arteta before the kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.