The Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are Bob, even tho Me and you dont really rate them, their records do kinda stand up there with some of the best. Thats all we should judge them on.

But im with you, they arent my favourites, no way.

Just cause you want us to sign Dzeko and Villa...

Say hello to passing ability of "The Yak". So underrated in different aspects of his games than goalscoring...

And now say hello to his ability to convert a penalty for Everton, somehow he was making them easier for Portsmouth and Boro. Grrrrr...

In fairness to him I thought he worked hard, pressed the defenders, made good runs, held the ball up well and made some fantastic touches to feed in the midfielders.

Still needed to put at least one of those chances away though.

Despite his today efforts to not score, by any means necessary, I am not worrying about his goalscoring ability, players rarely lose it, so he will scoring again sooner or later.
I am happy with his overall game being closer and closer to what he was doing before injury, that's what I was worrying about the most after kind of injury he suffered and long break from football.

Last edited:
image029.gif

If we want to become a top 4 team, then the Yak isn't the player we need up front.
If we want to remain on the outside looking in, then by all means keep finding ways to praise the guy.

Yes, he had a good season, but I can't see that form returning.

We are playing a totally different style of football now. We're not the hoof ball team that we used to be, and up front, we need pace and determination, and the ability to run onto things.
Not have things put on a plate for you, which most of Yaks goals in the past have been.

If we want to become a top 4 team, then the Yak isn't the player we need up front.
If we want to remain on the outside looking in, then by all means keep finding ways to praise the guy.

Yes, he had a good season, but I can't see that form returning.

We are playing a totally different style of football now. We're not the hoof ball team that we used to be, and up front, we need pace and determination, and the ability to run onto things.
Not have things put on a plate for you, which most of Yaks goals in the past have been.

Drogba will cost a fair bit mate.;)

You are so wrong thinking that Yak ever was right player for hoofing, because it's that when he is lost on the pitch, as his heading his his biggest weakness in terms of football skills. And he fits so well as a part of passing team, with his vision, ability to hold up the ball (when played to his feet) and passing using both feets.

You are so wrong thinking that Yak ever was right player for hoofing, because it's that when he is lost on the pitch, as his heading his his biggest weakness in terms of football skills. And he fits so well as a part of passing team, with his vision, ability to hold up the ball (when played to his feet) and passing using both feets.

Who said Yak was the right player for hoofing?
I said we're no longer a hoofing team. We don't need a player to hold the ball up anymore like we used to. We need a guy to put the ball in the net once our midfield have undone the opposition.

Who said Yak was the right player for hoofing?
I said we're no longer a hoofing team. We don't need a player to hold the ball up anymore like we used to. We need a guy to put the ball in the net once our midfield have undone the opposition.

Some class kneejerking there mate.

You're missing the point. When Yakubu plays, and like he can play, he is the best player we have on the payroll for the system we play - including Saha. He holds the ball up well, brings others into play and usually is a boss lazy slotter.

He looked like he used to a bit today, you should be basing a team around him if he does regain what he was rather than looking to sell him.

In terms of pure footballers at our team. Yak is right up at the top.

You are knee-jerking all over the show here bb, that or you just don't like him.

Some class kneejerking there mate.

You're missing the point. When Yakubu plays, and like he can play, he is the best player we have on the payroll for the system we play - including Saha. He holds the ball up well, brings others into play and usually is a boss lazy slotter.

He looked like he used to a bit today, you should be basing a team around him if he does regain what he was rather than looking to sell him.

In terms of pure footballers at our team. Yak is right up at the top.

You are knee-jerking all over the show here bb, that or you just don't like him.

Firstly, I'm not sure why we need 3 threads on the same subject, but why is it kneejerking?

Kneejerking is seeing someone play well, after playing crap for ages, and thinking he will be the next Rooney off the back of it.
Yaks days are numbered.
It's no secret Moyes is looking for strikers. It's no secret he is doing so because we have a hospital regular in Saha, and a weeble wobble in Yakubu.

I wonder if anyone here was so protective of Yak in the Huntelaar thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.