THE WOMENS DERBY TODAY 2PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton Women v Liverpool womens game at Goodison 2pm ko has been called off for any people that were going to go, Fan safety the main concern
I suspected it might have been called off and it's a sensible decision to do it early, so less people will attempt to travel in these dangerous conditions.

At the Palace game around four or five years ago, I remember dodging slate tiles walking down City only to find it was cancelled about an hour before hand.

I suspected it might have been called off and it's a sensible decision to do it early, so less people will attempt to travel in these dangerous conditions.

At the Palace game around four or five years ago, I remember dodging slate tiles walking down City only to find it was cancelled about an hour before hand.
I was out before 9am and wind was not to bad,sounds of it were worst and it was not raining,but since then its turned big time and so bad right now

Today’s Barclays FA Women’s Super League fixture against Liverpool FC Women has been postponed.

The adverse weather conditions including high winds on Merseyside, caused by Storm Ciara, have made travelling to the match and the area around Goodison Park dangerous.

The decision to postpone the fixture was made by Club officials in conjunction with Merseyside Police, FA WSL’s Match Manager, match officials, safety experts on the grounds of the safety of both sets of supporters.

Details of the re-arranged fixture and associated ticketing information will be released in the coming days. Any tickets for today’s match will be be valid for the re-scheduled fixture.

On days like this with very bad weather my thoughts are always cast back to remember Bernard Murphy. I didn't know Bernard but I was walking along the road towards Leicester City's ground, with roof slates & general rubbish being blown about. Across on the opposite pavement I saw a small group of people with Bernard on the pavement waiting for the emergency services. Although about 15 years ago that thought has never left me - so sad. RIP Bernard, a good Blue who I seem to remember also did a lot for youth footy. *good decision today being made early.

I was out before 9am and wind was not to bad,sounds of it were worst and it was not raining,but since then its turned big time and so bad right now

It's coming from the west so in Ireland we got it over night it was really bad, thunder and lightning and all. Then about 6 this morning there was some of worst rain I ever saw lasted about 2 hours, so you have all that to look forward to over the next few hours. Starting to clear up now some blue sky visible, sounds like you are about 12 hours behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.