The true hipsters choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

I did like the deep lying defensive set up when defending free kicks.

Dropping a completely untried manager into a relegation fight though? Not for me.

Our defence fell apart once Benitez took over and dismantled Davide's defensive tactics.

Arteta, Zidane, Mourinho were all assistants learning from the best.

For me, hes immediately the outstanding candidate...compared with the other two.

He's actually going to be able to hit the ground running and there would be positivity throughout.

Its the hipsters choice, the exciting choice and...

...in some ways Davide...welcome home ;)

It’s a bit of a risk but not really an enormous one- he’s a very experienced and well regarded coach and we have direct knowledge of how good he has. It’s a big step up in role, but at a club he knows, plus for any difficulties stepping up to the top job he has a direct line to one of the world’s best.

Faced with the other options I really like this.

OK hipster..... erm.... Urs Fischer at CL-chasing Union Berlin?

Working wonders with basically the German equivalent of Bournemouth
Urs Fischer's case and fit is literally better than every serious candidate thus far. If we are in the business of poaching I'd throw Igor Tudor at Marseille on that list as well.

Of course we could simply hire Adi Huttar or Pepe Bordalas who are currently out of jobs who's experience, development track record and results with similar stature clubs all overlap with what would seem clear boxes we'd want checked for our next coach.

And yet I doubt not one of those names is on our shortlist or being seriously discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.