The top and bottom of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitter-no-better

Player Valuation: £25m
We have played 15 games against the current top 10 and won 8 points.

1/2 point a game and 1 WIN

And 13 games against the current bottom half and won 20 points with 5 WINS.

1.5 points a game.

We are to play 5 top and 5 bottom teams which if we continue the same trend we will gain 10 points.

Interestingly we averaged 1.5 points a game against the top 10 last season and 2.2 against the bottom 10.

So in comparison to last year we are accumulating 33% less points against the bottom 10 teams but 66% less against the top 10 .

1.5 points a game.

We are to play 5 top and 5 bottom teams which if we continue the same trend we will gain 10 points.

Interestingly we averaged 1.5 points a game against the top 10 last season and 2.2 against the bottom 10.

So in comparison to last year we are accumulating 33% less points against the bottom 10 teams but 66% less against the top 10 .
You have worked hard there.
I think against the top teams we don't believe.

1.5 points a game.

Nothing on the box for you tonight mate?

I think from December onward needs to be considered as a separate season when we are looking at season long stats . We are not beating anyone.

hate to say it, but i felt more confident going into the second half of the wimbledon relegation decider a few years back than i do about the remaining games of this season. The top and bottom of it for me is that we look clueless, have nil fighting spirit,and appear to have an increasingly irritating windbag of a manager that has no idea what to do. I hope he proves me wrong.

Put simply we are way down in everything. Points and position. I thought we would be pushing for the top 4. But to be talking about relegation says it all. Start with the Manager. He must go.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Dann...-Hughes-did/story-26126421-detail/story.html?
The above article I think in a nutshell encapsulates the whole problem, in terms of us being sussed out. Although Roberto will have been employing this method for a few years, I think this is the first year teams will have 'retreated' (I mean, you're not going to pay that sort of respect to Wigan). Roberto's big idea was to stretch the pitch by playing footy in our own half, but if the team retreat as outlined, this possession game becomes much harder to pull off when space becomes limited. Add that to the fact he's obviously never given serious thought as to how a team should defend, it adds up to a big problem, and one he seems incapable of getting around

Status
Not open for further replies.