The Super Tim Cahill Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall say what everyone is thinking.....we have man-love for Tim Cahill and we're NEA who knows.

When someone asks what epitomises Everton....Tim Cahill would be a perfect modern day two-word response.

Never forget the night in Nurnberg.....1000's of Blues singing outside the team hotel when the boys were boarding the coach to head to the ground, and there's Tim and Jags stood up in the coach taking pictures of all the blues, amazed at the size and noise of those gathered there. I've stayed in that hotel 3 times since and ask them each time " for the room thatTim Cahill stayed in".....

Posts like this raise a good argument for a 'golden like' button, worth 10 likes or something.

I loved the 85 team, but I was a mere boy and the whole team were my idols, there wasnt anybody you could pick out and say "THEM", they were just all superb, maybe Big Nev cos of the length of his Everton career, but as I get older, Everton got poo, so players like Cahill and Duncan stood out and they became something to cling to, the same with Ross now, hes living all our dreams.
Every older blue I know says the exact thing about that pair.

Every older blue I know says the exact thing about that pair.

Weve had some "lifelong blues" over the years, sorry to speak ill of the dead, but Gary Speed springs to mind, im aware its not clear cut and im aware of the reasons, but he couldnt wait to koff and sh1t all over us, John Collins the same, then theres Dunc and Cahill, they would have died for us.

Reactions: FTY

Weve had some "lifelong blues" over the years, sorry to speak ill of the dead, but Gary Speed springs to mind, im aware its not clear cut and im aware of the reasons, but he couldnt wait to koff and sh1t all over us, John Collins the same, then theres Dunc and Cahill, they would have died for us.

My best mate was a lifelong close friend of Gary Speed.....and from what I heard about him over the years I'd have him right in the same bracket as Tim Cahill....absolutely no question.

I'm still waiting for the moment to see him walking down the streets of NYC. I bet you 9 out of 10 people here in NY wouldn't recognize who he is.

Last edited:
Sorry to not post the link but there is an article on the guardian website about the "socceroos golden generation" getting it's final curtain call. The first part of it waxes lyrical about our Timmy's heading ability and obviously he features heavily in it. Well worth a read. Makes you think back; they did have a really good team.

I'm still waiting for the moment to see him walking down the streets of NYC. I bet you have 9 out of 10 people here in NY wouldn't recognize who he is.
tbf 9 out of 10 people wouldn't recognize a vast majority of footballs world stars if they walked down the streets of any City in the U.S.

....... and that 1 out of 10 that does, isn't even arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.