The Sunday Sermon ; David Moyes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Oracle as always.

I remember us at times over the last 20 years where we've literally been on our knees - with a team that would make you not just cringe but shudder.

Moyes picked us up off the floor to put it mildly. And although the team at times may not have the consistency we want or like... Moyes has a track record of bringing in decent players.

He's not 100%. But then again no one is. Juan Serbastian Veron to Man United and then Chelsea! is one illustration of this....

I'm convinced if we had just that little bit more extra money we'd smash every team going. The £ per point stats prove this.

He'll bring back the FOD.

He's got a tough job at Everton. But for me he's the one to do it.

And the difference between us and other clubs. Loyalty, patience and a knowledge.

So again am Standing On the Oracle.

I remember what it was like... and remember LCAB's description of Labby pacing up and down Goodison Road - with us almost being relegated...... (twice) and us signing old, over the hill crocks under Smith.

Out of the wilderness. And this underperformance of certain individuals.... Moyes is the one to rectify it if anyone is.

Come on Everton deese are [Poor language removed] deese.

DAVID MOYES

He is a bit of a POW! in your mouth.

Nice one LL Cool.

Super work! Not mentioning any names like; but this sermon sums up what true Everton fans are all about.

Had to stop 3/4 through.. Tired and ill..

Much respect though for Moyes as always.. Great sermon thus far..

Thanks for that. Only been here for a little while. Glad to be learning a little history.

Thanks Dave that was one of your best,and it would be hard to disagree with any part of it.wihout doubt with cash we would have improved more but if he goes it will be with the best wishes of all the fans for what he has achieved.

Utterly brilliant LCAB. I despair at those who question Moyes, and what that man has done for our club. Things may not be peachy right now, but they would be a great deal worse were it not for he and there is no man living who could do a better job than Moyes. He knows.

From now on, whenever anyone experiences total failure of their mental capacities in questioning Moyes, a link to this thread right here should be posted with immediate effect.

Thank you, sir.

Thanks Gramps.... I put a place holder first half great. So much info if I read it in one sitting I will miss something.

Thanks!!!! mucho gracias senor LCABIZZLE.

That last line good enough for you?

Brilliant. I thought I was the only one that turned Turk on Asbo after that, massively insensitive gesture.

On Moyes in general, my only hope is he gets wedge to spend, serious wedge! I'd live it to be at Everton and I'd love to see it happen.

People ; I Thank You ; YOU GET ME !!!

Seriously ; IT NEEDED SAYING .

Nor-Man ; Hope you're feeling better , Dude .

Wratho ; You like that , kid...??? Bab-eh !!!

Cheers , Dawgs . It's Christmas . we ALL have to do our bit .

Vero .

Thanks buddy - great read! I had no idea, and it's great to have this all in one place. I really liked David upon first seeing him - his personality (beating up Mancini didn't hurt), his face, his support of the players. He's fun to watch in addition to the team, unlike Ferguson and Wenger who just seem, well, cold. The Scot, not so.

Good stuff.

Let me start by saying that I do not intend to piss anyone off, and I fully recognise what Moyes has done for us. He was exactly what we needed at the time. Sometimes however you get to a point where your many years doing the same year in year out you find yourself running out of ideas.

So I still believe that Moyes has taken us as far as he can. His tactics have not changed for a few years now and his loyalty towards certain players hinder improvement on the pitch. With the exception of Hibbert and Osman all other players in the squad have been brought in by Moyes himself and I therefore find it incredible that some of them never get a lookin in the team - Bilayletdinov, Yakubu, Gueye and Vaughan.

The team looks clueless when it comes to trying something other than bringing the ball down the left side, and that must be down to the manager's tactics and instructions to the players.

Moyes deserves respect no question about it, but he is not bigger than Everton FC and we can flourish with another manager with new ideas IMO.

A wonderful write up LCAB and a good reminder of all the positive things that Moyes has done for us. However everyone in a job cannot live on past glories and need to perform every day to earn their salary - and for me Moyes is just not doing that this season.

The other thing that needs to be said about Moyes is the man has integrity in spades. He doesn't do excuses, he doesn't hide from the truth, he behaves with dignity (unlike his longterm counterpart Mr Raffer). He agonised long and hard over signing a new contract, not because he wanted more money, but because he questioned himself and whether he could continue to take Everton forward. I'd be surprised but not shocked if he walked in May, if he felt that his time at the club was done, but what he will never do is walk out on us mid-season and leave us in the lurch because the Barcodes or someone have made him a "better" offer. If he goes before May it will be because the Board have seen enough.

Let me start by saying that I do not intend to piss anyone off, and I fully recognise what Moyes has done for us. He was exactly what we needed at the time. Sometimes however you get to a point where your many years doing the same year in year out you find yourself running out of ideas.

So I still believe that Moyes has taken us as far as he can. His tactics have not changed for a few years now and his loyalty towards certain players hinder improvement on the pitch. With the exception of Hibbert and Osman all other players in the squad have been brought in by Moyes himself and I therefore find it incredible that some of them never get a lookin in the team - Bilayletdinov, Yakubu, Gueye and Vaughan.

The team looks clueless when it comes to trying something other than bringing the ball down the left side, and that must be down to the manager's tactics and instructions to the players.

Moyes deserves respect no question about it, but he is not bigger than Everton FC and we can flourish with another manager with new ideas IMO.

A wonderful write up LCAB and a good reminder of all the positive things that Moyes has done for us. However everyone in a job cannot live on past glories and need to perform every day to earn their salary - and for me Moyes is just not doing that this season.

I DISAGREE , mate .

Utterly and wholeheartedly , but , fair play to your honesty .

Thanks buddy - great read! I had no idea, and it's great to have this all in one place. I really liked David upon first seeing him - his personality (beating up Mancini didn't hurt), his face, his support of the players. He's fun to watch in addition to the team, unlike Ferguson and Wenger who just seem, well, cold. The Scot, not so.

Good stuff.

The other thing that needs to be said about Moyes is the man has integrity in spades. He doesn't do excuses, he doesn't hide from the truth, he behaves with dignity (unlike his longterm counterpart Mr Raffer). He agonised long and hard over signing a new contract, not because he wanted more money, but because he questioned himself and whether he could continue to take Everton forward. I'd be surprised but not shocked if he walked in May, if he felt that his time at the club was done, but what he will never do is walk out on us mid-season and leave us in the lurch because the Barcodes or someone have made him a "better" offer. If he goes before May it will be because the Board have seen enough.

Agreed .

Cheers , Cali',..

X

Nothing better than a good LCAB sermon and a nice cup of coffee on a butt cold German morning. Truth in this sermon is thick like fleas on a dog's ass. Another newbie schooled up. IMO looking for a better manager than Moyes for our situation(lack of funds), is like looking for salvation in a whore house. Not gonna find it. Hope all is well on Merseyside, and thanks again LCAB. Well done.

Nothing better than a good LCAB sermon and a nice cup of coffee on a butt cold German morning. Truth in this sermon is thick like fleas on a dog's ass. Another newbie schooled up. IMO looking for a better manager than Moyes for our situation(lack of funds), is like looking for salvation in a whore house. Not gonna find it. Hope all is well on Merseyside, and thanks again LCAB. Well done.

My Soldier-Boy Brother ,...!!!

Good sermon mate - lets hope the powers to be at goodison read it (especially the last paragraphs) - although its been a up an down rollercoaster 8 1/2 years - he has changed Everton from a relegation threatened laughing stock - to a solid, respected - on the day they can turn anyone over team. And that has to be an acheivement.

Good sermon mate - lets hope the powers to be at goodison read it (especially the last paragraphs) - although its been a up an down rollercoaster 8 1/2 years - he has changed Everton from a relegation threatened laughing stock - to a solid, respected - on the day they can turn anyone over team. And that has to be an acheivement.

Amen , kid .

Powerful stuff mate. It is a shot across the bow of his detractors too. He'll always have my gratitude no matter what his limitations are perceived to be.

Just reading it though, it does have a fin de siecle quality to it. I think he might call it a day quite soon, to be honest. In fact, the only reason he's stayed thus far is that he just doesn't fit the bill with clubs regular to the CL, and the moneybags clubs want grandstand managers. I think Villa would suit him down to the ground and if Houllier bollixes up there I reckon he'll be in the box seat for that job.

Changing pace: what comes across loud and clear from that analysis is what we all know to be true - that Moyes' record in picking up the bargain signings has been outstanding. You need reminding of the extent of that sometimes and this piece hammers it home. Even stop gap loan signings like McBride were spot on. Glad you singled out Bent, btw. I thought he was top draw for us under the circumstances. Just one negative comment for Moyes on the transfer front: Sean Davis. I thought he got it badly wrong over that lad. He encouraged the kid to put a transfer request in and - post injury - left him high and dry. Moyes should have been in there for Davis when he got his clean bill of health. There was little honour in that episode. He blotted his copy book there for me, Moyes.

Rooney: sorry mate but I cant get behind your thoughts on that. I think the momentum was equally pushing him out because of our dire financial problems. Yes, he wanted out. But I wouldn't let Kenwright and co off the hook so easily.

Finally, and on a positive: Moyes first game against Fulham. Moyes taking the training drill before the game. How big a statement was that post stale, arl arse Smith era? As soon as that Unsworth shot hit the back of the net the revolution began...and you just knew it! Happy Days.

Cracking read again. ;)

Powerful stuff mate. It is a shot across the bow of his detractors too. He'll always have my gratitude no matter what his limitations are perceived to be.

Just reading it though, it does have a fin de siecle quality to it. I think he might call it a day quite soon, to be honest. In fact, the only reason he's stayed thus far is that he just doesn't fit the bill with clubs regular to the CL, and the moneybags clubs want grandstand managers. I think Villa would suit him down to the ground and if Houllier bollixes up there I reckon he'll be in the box seat for that job.

Changing pace: what comes across loud and clear from that analysis is what we all know to be true - that Moyes' record in picking up the bargain signings has been outstanding. You need reminding of the extent of that sometimes and this piece hammers it home. Even stop gap loan signings like McBride were spot on. Glad you singled out Bent, btw. I thought he was top draw for us under the circumstances. Just one negative comment for Moyes on the transfer front: Sean Davis. I thought he got it badly wrong over that lad. He encouraged the kid to put a transfer request in and - post injury - left him high and dry. Moyes should have been in there for Davis when he got his clean bill of health. There was little honour in that episode. He blotted his copy book there for me, Moyes.

Rooney: sorry mate but I cant get behind your thoughts on that. I think the momentum was equally pushing him out because of our dire financial problems. Yes, he wanted out. But I wouldn't let Kenwright and co off the hook so easily.

Finally, and on a positive: Moyes first game against Fulham. Moyes taking the training drill before the game. How big a statement was that post stale, arl arse Smith era? As soon as that Unsworth shot hit the back of the net the revolution began...and you just knew it! Happy Days.

Cracking read again. ;)

Molto Grazie , Comerada , Mia .

Asbo ; We can agree to differ . I KNOW , HE WAS OFF ANYWAY . They WERE at fault , but I saw his last game at City .
He AND OUR PLAYERS KNEW IT WAS ADIEU ,..

Honest .

Cheers , DK .

Last edited:
Enjoyed the sermon lcab definately one of your finest.

(" Oh , and to Cena is an Evertonian , whom , in 7 inches of snow himself , rang me today to see if I needed taking for Groceries"
This is what sets us apart from other so called football fans.

Enjoyed the sermon lcab definately one of your finest.

(" Oh , and to Cena is an Evertonian , whom , in 7 inches of snow himself , rang me today to see if I needed taking for Groceries"
This is what sets us apart from other so called football fans.

Thank you , and , YES , kid ...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS .

as normal a great read it now part of my Sunday, like getting the paper, going the kids footy, going to me mams and now reading your sermon its that good.
i just was left thinking with that last bit something that has been on my mind for a while,if ginger goes and bk stays we are really looking like being in the poop big time, no money scrambling around for loans and gambling on kids we have never heard of, and are better player will want out, the likes of felli ,jags ,rodwell arnt going to waste there time playing for also rans, it a real worry that we are going down a very slippery slope. fa cup could be the last throw of the dice to keep hold or attract players and keep ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.