Votes: 43 15.6%
  • Cheddar. Beans. Warm bread.

Votes: 18 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sona

Player Valuation: £8m
So the window has been and gone. There is an even split of us Blues with one half thinking we've missed a trick by not bringing in that elusive CM cover and the other half thinking McGeady & Traore > Heitinga & Jelavic.

Personally, I'm a little from Column A, a little from Column B.

Looking at the facts, we've managed to bring in £6.5m for Jelavic, which is nothing short of incredible. Shifting Jonny off the wage bill should also free up over £1m between now and summer.

Players in-wise, Traore is a loan (cue speculation RE: wages, loan fee, agents fee, do we have to pay his hairdresser? etc) and McGeady was a free (see Traore, except replace hairdresser with weight loss programme).

Anyway, a worst case scenario should be that we brought in £7.5m and outlayed in the region of £3m. Leaving us £3.5m for the "war chest".

Now, the summer window (remember that?) saw us recoup a fair bit of dosh.

If you remember on "Deadline Day", we heard confirmation that the McCarthy deal WAS NOT dependent on player sales.

Therefore, if you believe that, we had £13m to spend BEFORE player sales.

We sold Fellaini (remember him?) and Anichebe for a total of £32.5m. Let that sink in, pick yourself up off the floor, then carry on reading.

Factoring in the loan fees (£1m for Barry, £3m for Lukaku reported), means that we should have £28.5m to spend, before factoring in the usual nonsense. Let's say, worst case scenario, £25m.

Add that to the £3.5m and the non-descript "TV money" we often hear about.

Now, not for one minute am I suggesting that these figures are either accurate or correct (which will hopefully deter the usual "Yer, but what about the so and so fee?" comments). I just want to see:

1) what you think we'll have to spend in the summer; and,

2) who we should spend that money on.

Do you think it depends on where we finish?

I think we'll spend less than the money we make on player sales, as we did last Summer and as we do pretty much every year.

Do you honestly?

Now, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but for the song and dance made by RM and the board abut saving the pennies for summer.

Or are they relying on the short-term memory of us fans...

1. I have no idea what we will have to spend if anything at all, as it depends on Grantchesters wellies and a small few at the club who really know what's going on.

2. See answer '1'.

3. See answer '1'.

As usual we'll spend next to nothing and it'll be spun like they're doing us a favour.

I fully expect Bob to have to do wonders in the loan market to give u any chance of competing near the top end of the table.

This board aren't bothered where Everton finish as long as it's not bottom three.

Do you honestly?

Now, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but for the song and dance made by RM and the board abut saving the pennies for summer.

Or are they relying on the short-term memory of us fans...

Does anyone honestly believe these people any more. The McCarthy money was already there??? As if.

I think Martinez will bring in a new striker and a new CM (if Barry isn't made permanent). I can't see Lukaku staying.

Probably will spend around £20,000,000, although I'm not counting in potentially losing Barkley. However under Martinez, I don't see us losing our best players. Look at Baines, he turned down a good bid for him and also Baines was happy in communication.

I'd like to see us spend well, but just can't see it, I think we could see Mirallas leave this summer if no European football to offer. I think we will hold on to Barkley as well.

I don't think it is the net spent that is the problem (even tho personally I don't think there will be much). Reading between the lines of what martinez has said about moving one out before buying, I would say we are maxed out on wages and even if we buy a big player we will have to offload how many players it takes to cover the wages.

Laughing at us having to replace Deulofeu, Traore, Lukaku and potentially Barry on a negative net spend. Good luck Roberto. Champions League you said? lol Barkley to Chelsea, perhaps?

Trying to be as accurate as possible here.

Outs:
Fellaini £27.5m
Anichebe £6m
Jelavic £6.5m
Heitinga £0 but £1.5m saved on wages
Moyes and Neville both on huge wages.

Total - £40m ignoring wages.

Ins:
McCarthy £13m
McGeady £1m
Alcaraz Free
Joel £2.5m
Kone £6m
Lukaku, Deulofeu, Barry, Traore - £5m?

Total £27.5m

That leaves £12.5m. That's all the activity since he took over - don't for one second think he backed the manager getting Kone in early, that was always going to level out with future outs.

That's ignoring any TV money which is apparently huge but we'll no doubt never see. Good luck getting 6 new first team players with £12.5m, if its even that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.