The senior players at Everton: do they need to go before we can prosper?

A clear out of senior players like Baines, Williams, Schneiderlin, Jagielka and Rooney

• Get shut of most

Votes: 108 67.5%
  • Get shut of all

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • Keep most

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Keep all

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
It's a subject that has been discussed on the Fonseca thread pretty keenly. Maybe a new thread is required to discuss it?

For me, we have a clear way forward with a new manager and DoF ONLY IF we get rid of most of the named players in the poll...and I wouldn't object to all of them being shown the door. I consider them to be the core of an alternate power source at the club which determines the fate of our season depending on how they are being asked to play by the coaching staff. It's leading us to an unwanted revolving managerial door at the club and it's now vital we end their time here in order to give us a chance to develop again.

What say you?

On form, all can filed under "could do better".

Not sure of this Alternative Power Source you talk of though.

Yes, but not because they're toxic conspirators that want this club burned to the ground (read: said mean things about my Bobby)

Just cus they're not that good at the football anymore

Baines is the best left back we've had and would be fine as back up left back next season tho, same with Wayne

That is a decision for the manager.

I would give an informed opinion if I was working with them every day at FF and could see the influence they have on the other players, youngsters in particular. But , I am not .

I see ridiculous comments about getting rid of Baines, Jagielka or any other player from posters who know nothing about them.

I'd like to see jagielka moved on as captain, too much of the 'may the best team win' about him, the downside of the moyes era mentality, williams has to go as he is an awful footballer and seems pretty irresponsible. Theres others in an ideal world you would move on and replace etc, but the squad is so poorly balanced we have to be careful about the capacity of the overhaul that takes place and the short term effect that will have, I don't envy the man responsible for clearing up koeman and walsh's mess, but we really need to get the right people in to do it

On form, all can filed under "could do better".

Not sure of this Alternative Power Source you talk of though.
Being openly spoken about in the media now. From Joyce yesterday, for example:

"Patience is in short supply at all football clubs, but the first sign of a downturn at Everton and, generally, there is no way back. Roberto Martinez reached two cup semi-finals, and the last 16 in the Europa League in 2015-16, but was sacked because the crowd and some players believed his tenure had run its course."

Yes, but not because they're toxic conspirators that want this club burned to the ground (read: said mean things about my Bobby)

Just cus they're not that good at the football anymore

Baines is the best left back we've had and would be fine as back up left back next season tho, same with Wayne
I dont think there's any doubt that these players are having undue influence in managerial decisions now.

I don't think many would object to all of them being replaced as players, but I'm not sure about the 'alternative power source' stuff. Things went pear shaped under Martinez when the players seemed to down tools, and only two of your five were at the club then. I don't doubt there is something rotten at the club, but it's far from clear cut where the blame actually lies.

If Everton is to maintain it's present trajectory, it is vital we retain the likes of Capt Jags, Bainsey, Tubby Ashley etc.
We are very strong in the local community and it's good to have senior players visiting orphanages and the like.
Ha Ha

Being openly spoken about in the media now. From Joyce yesterday, for example:

"Patience is in short supply at all football clubs, but the first sign of a downturn at Everton and, generally, there is no way back. Roberto Martinez reached two cup semi-finals, and the last 16 in the Europa League in 2015-16, but was sacked because the crowd and some players believed his tenure had run its course."

Was (not) being funny. Been a long week in parcel land.

Status
Not open for further replies.