The season fizzling out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixtynineseventy

Player Valuation: £1.5m
With the August excitement of the midfield signings now a very distant memory I’m looking at the remaining games and wondering if we will see another victory this season. Given the declining standard of football we are seeing and looking at the games that lie ahead I wouldn’t even be confident of beating Sheffield United who may well be relegated by the time the fixture comes round. That normally means relegated teams start picking up once they have their fate sealed. The rest of the games look really tough now whereas earlier in the season they didn’t. Anyone else contemplating zero wins between now and 23rd May. It could be a disastrous end to a promising season. I’m not normally this pessimistic but just feel drained of all expectation just now.

Our season:

ED4F55CF-E770-4189-8429-46428F8D97D2.jpeg

It's a crap year , been a crap season ,we have ( mostly ) crap players , we play crap football with a World class manager.

Can't wait for the season to be over.

Think we all are mate.

Combination of us going flat, no fans, VAR etc.
Hopefully they will have a look at var in the summer and how it has had a big negative effect on watching and playing footba. What a magical feeling it must have been to score a last minute winning goal and celebrate like a nut job and now have that taken away. I hope fans and clubs dont settle for it. It only when you watch back matches before var that you actually see the huge difference. Not worth the advantages it currently brings with it.

Tbh the moments after we won at Anfield were better than anything I’ve experienced at Everton for a long time probably since Jags’ pen hit the net in the cup semi final (although that was way better). Things aren’t looking great now but I’ve felt far more despondent about Everton in the recent past than I am now.

Every point of the 17/18 from start to finish was horrific.

The final two seasons of Martinez were horrible.

Moyes having to sell Arteta Saha Yakubu and getting Drenthe and Stracqualursi on loan because we had no money

15 points from 15 games under Silva was soul destroying.

The fact that we’ve had some injuries, Carlo has lost his way a bit, and we’re in a bit of a slump isn’t in my view anywhere near the problems we had in these moments above.

At the end of each season everything seems to rest on the next.

There are certain factors that can explain and justify our difficulties to an extent, but I do feel as as club we cannot always rely on some excuse or other.

There is a general sense that most people would be happy with Europe, outside of the Champions League. It isn't wildly demanding.

What happens if we fail to achieve that next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.