The Rich Indian Is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the back page of the Mirror, exclusive for them.

The story is thin on the ground really. Says he was interested in Newcastle but wont touch them with a barge pole. He was also looking at
at the [Poor language removed] but Gillet and Hicks are stubborn and wont sell so he wont bother. Says Kenwright has been speaking with him, had brief meetings over the past couple of weeks.

Nothing out-right saying he's defo going to buy. But I think there is some if a national newspaper is holding the back page for the story, somethings going on probably spurred by the fact Amin says he wants to buy a premier league club, Kenwright wants to "sell" and he's been linked more than once with us.

Come on Kenwright! Give us what we need!!!

I'm still in two minds about this. I would love Everton to be owned and run by fans, but selling would give us the cash we need. I hope this deal does go through as it is now the way premier league clubs are going. As the saying goes if you can't beat them join them. I just pray that whoever ends up buying us will keep as many genuine Evertonians on the board as possible to look after our history, and keep as many Evertonians in the squad to look after our future.

Exclusive: Everton targetted for take-over by Indian tycoon worth £20billion - mirror.co.uk

Exclusive: Everton targetted for take-over by Indian tycoon worth £20billion

By John Cross 29/09/2008
Everton are the latest Premier League club to be the target of a multi-million-pound takeover.
Indian tycoon Anil Ambani, the sixth-richest man in the world with an estimated £20billion fortune, is determined to buy a Premier League club.
And Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is trying to interest the 49-year-old businessman and is having talks about a takeover at Goodison Park.
Ambani has already looked at Newcastle and Liverpool but his advisers steered him away from the mess at St James’ Park while Anfield’s American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have fought off previous takeover bids. That has left Ambani seriously considering a deal for Everton - especially as Kenwright wants to step aside.
Kenwright has aleady entertained Ambani and his advisers at Goodison Park and now the tycoon is weighing up the figures.
Everton's future at Goodison is uncertain and the club's value is therefore affected, but Ambani has the millions to take over the club - and pump money into it.
Kenwright announced after the club's EGM earlier this month that he is ready to sell, which attracted interest from several consortiums.
Ambani, chairman of the financial company Reliance Group, made enquiries through an intermediary.
The talks have progressed slowly but Ambani remains interested in moving into English football and Everton are a big club in need of major financial investment.
Ambani is deeply interested but even if his talks do not progress, it seems certain that the club will fall into foreign hands with several brokers negotiating buy-outs.
Kenwright, a lifelong Everton fan, wants the club to be able to compete with the big four and to have the funds to either redevelop their stadium or move.

This interests me --

The talks have progressed slowly but Ambani remains interested in moving into English football and Everton are a big club in need of major financial investment.
Ambani is deeply interested but even if his talks do not progress, it seems certain that the club will fall into foreign hands with several brokers negotiating buy-outs.

So even if Ambani doesnt succeed in taking over, there's still other investors interested and we'll be "certain" to have foreign buy outs

Status
Not open for further replies.