The point of no return

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've essentially been in the same situation for the last 20 years ..... the recent turmoil / manager changes etc.... do make this next appointment of manager / DOF / Board massively crucial though. Clear vision and direction along with patience will hopefully see us improve.
Lots of work to do and a short transfer window + WC make the timing more tight.
Can't feel too confident that Everton will get it right though ..... over to you Mr. Moshiri !

Last transfer window was the first time I saw any similarities between Everton and Mrs Caolam but they are very alike, let them get a few quid and they both go mental.

I'm not disagreeing.

https://thisisnotfootball.co.uk/2018/05/08/farewell-transmission/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This is not football.

Remember when you ended up goosing sailors for crack money?

Sam Allardyce is like that.

No one wants that to be their life, but that’s where you end up at the end of a long list of poor choices.

With the end of the season mercifully in sight, it would be an understatement to say that some important decisions need to be made this summer. There have been some absolute shockers in this past year or so – it’s now time for Farhad Moshiri, or whoever advises him, to get one right and show that there is a vision for the future of the club beyond ‘[Poor language removed] wing it until we get that new ground’.

The first one, clearly, is the new manager, because keeping Allardyce is not an option.

To be fair to him, the majority of the damage was done to the squad well before he arrived, but still, what would it achieve keeping him around for another year, with his face like a hen do waiting for fry-ups in Wetherspoons on a Sunday morning when they’ve all fallen out and they can’t remember why?

You were too busy talking to them lads all night anyway, you snooty cow.

The job was a cinch for Allardyce as well. Our wage bill, experience and the general lack of quality that makes up the vast rump of Premier League meant that keeping the Blues up was relatively straightforward.

It just [Poor language removed] was.

With safety guaranteed ages ago he just needed to show a bit more ambition in games and also, more than anything, to manage his PR better. For someone so experienced at the politics of the game – and give him his due, he manages the ‘Big Sam’ industry magnificently – his handling of his relationship with the supporters has seemed nothing short of naive.

The fans want to take some inspiration from their leader, and so they look to him expectantly, but Allardyce just sits there at press conferences with a kipper on him like someone off Gogglebox watching the latest episode of ‘ISIS Lotto Winners’ or ‘Gypsies On Your Lawn’ and acts hard done to and, quite frankly, like a massive arrogant [Poor language removed] at times.

And it didn’t have to be that way. After the moody disaster that was Koeman, whose vision appeared to start and end with building a team that could lump the ball to Olivier Giroud, expectations were relatively low, but Allardyce seems determined to lower them further.

Just a little bit of humility would have gone a long way too, but he seems incapable.

Because ultimately he doesn’t really need this job and he doesn’t understand the club.

He’s just not Everton.

Lord knows who the replacement’s going to be. Surely it has to be a young fella though – one whose reputation depends on him making a go of it at Goodison. Not another half-hearted ‘pragmatist’ – read ‘arl arse’ – who is looking for his pay off from the moment the ink is dry on his massive contract.

No one comes with any guarantees of success, but after a couple of years of treading water you just want to see a plan, a style of play, [Poor language removed] it, a ‘philosophy’ of some description. Look at the type of football the best teams are playing now – ludicrous high energy, aggressive and looking to absolutely smash the granny out of the opposition.

We all know who we are talking about here.

That lot (and Spurs) made a great appointment in a manager with a clear vision of what he wanted and who in turn has tapped into the club and its support to revolutionise them, much as it pains us to say it.

Meanwhile [Poor language removed] on the telly are saying we should be happy with Sam Allardyce.

Get to [Poor language removed].

If you want cheering up even further, you should probably avoid what is a quite incredible book, The Lost Soul of Eamonn Magee by Paul D Gibson.

It’s definitely not your average sport biography.

you took time out of your day to write this, maybe just keep your grammar nazi stuff to your self in future, save yourself 30 seconds.
I think you mean "syntax nazi stuff"

But seriously... wow... just a joke matey. No need to give yourself a stroke about it.

'Time out' everyone.

We can all be optimistic again after the West Ham game at the weekend.

I predict FS to be binned, all the deadwood to be shipped out, and it's onward and upwards.

COYB.

'Time out' everyone.

We can all be optimistic again after the West Ham game at the weekend.

I predict FS to be binned, all the deadwood to be shipped out, and it's onward and upwards.

COYB.

Like I've just said in regards to Rooney leaving after dedicating the rest of his career here and wanting to win trophies. He is not stupid and he knows this club is on the decline.

I see a lot of optimism around this forum in terms of going forward but if players like Rooney and Barkley don't want to be here then there is deeper issues within this company we call EFC. Players aren't buying into the Moshiri project, they want out.

I think you mean "syntax nazi stuff"

But seriously... wow... just a joke matey. No need to give yourself a stroke about it.

I don't have the patience for trolls, thank you. If you can't converse reasonably without resorting to belittling people or insulting people then just don't say anything at all, it's completely unnecessary.

This is the reason so many Evertonians are clamouring for an extended contract for Capt Jags. If an individual exists that has the leadership qualities to navigate the good ship Everton toward the safety of the nearest sand bank, then that man is Capt Jags.
Did you catch him in bed with your wife or something? Bit of an unhealthy obsession you have with him.

Like I've just said in regards to Rooney leaving after dedicating the rest of his career here and wanting to win trophies. He is not stupid and he knows this club is on the decline.

I see a lot of optimism around this forum in terms of going forward but if players like Rooney and Barkley don't want to be here then there is deeper issues within this company we call EFC. Players aren't buying into the Moshiri project, they want out.

The club is in a bad way but Rooney's own personal decline is such that he's not even good enough for us any longer. A drain on wages for a player who wouldn't get on the bench of any team in the top 6, let alone have the gall after the 5/6 months he's just had to decide what manager he's gonna play for. Finished and needs offloading asap.

I don't have the patience for trolls, thank you. If you can't converse reasonably without resorting to belittling people or insulting people then just don't say anything at all, it's completely unnecessary.
Troll lol

Jesus wept lad, it was a light hearted comment. If no one on here gently took the **** out of each other these forums would be a REALLY dull place. And seriously, if that little comment is too much for you to laugh off, the internet probably isn’t the place for you.

For what it’s worth, I agreed with the majority of what you posted, and if I’d realised you were so insanely thin skinned, I’d have left out the gentle ribbing. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.