The Players: are they giving 100%?

The Players: are they giving 100% effort now?

• Yes

Votes: 21 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 222 91.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
Personally, I think they're way, way off giving these games in the past 6 weeks their best shot.

There's a lot of debate over the manger's role and polls for this, but nothing specifically about the players' attitude and responsibility.

So, are they giving it their best shot to get out of this slump or not?

No, I see nobody busting a gut to stop the opposition waltzing through our entire time. It's not as if they've un-learned how to play football in the space of three months. They are just going through the motions, likely feeling sorry for themselves while they take home 50k a week.

No, I see nobody busting a gut to stop the opposition waltzing through our entire time. It's not as if they've un-learned how to play football in the space of three months. They are just going through the motions, likely feeling sorry for themselves while they take home 50k a week.

Imagine that cash these dossers have pulled in for those last 7 games going to the Everton Foundation to be spent on real bona fide Everton players who gave it their all?

That'd at least take some of the sting out of their tanking. I have no idea what that figure would be. Run into the millions though. They haven't earned it; they should pay it right into the Foundation if they had any decency.

Basically the players have been a disgrace the last 2 months, no spirit, no fight and no intention to win games. Simple individual errors on the pitch have cost us. It stops with them and not the manager.

Theirs something wrong from top to bottom at the club atm

No way should this group of players all to man be plplaying awfully at the same time

Nah, but it is the managers job to get the best out of them. I slated Moyes for his inept starts to the season with players on halfspeed, Martinez shouldn't get off just because he's better looking.

Spot on.

It's the players jobs to perform to the best of their ability or, when out of form, at least bust a gut to try and change things.
It's also the managers job to make sure they know what's expected of them and get them in the best shape, physically and mentally to do their jobs.

At the moment, it looks like both players and the manager are failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.