The one downside of the Brentford game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetEndBlue

Player Valuation: £10m
Was the ridiculous sight of 2,000 empty seats.

What bright spark at our club decided to offer Brentford 6,000 tickets with their small support? What even bigger idiot at Brentford decided to accept so many?? Our club publicly said the game was a sell-out!

I'm a season ticket holder so had no problem getting a ticket but there's been Blues all over social media desperately trying to get tickets all week, including a few members of my family who aren't season ticket holders, so it was highly annoying to see so many empty seats when they should've been occupied by Blues on the best day we've had all season.

I know you have to offer more for FA Cup games but they were never going to shift 6,000 tickets so should just had the usual corner of the Bullens and then more Blues could've been there today. With money lost as well somebody at both clubs needs their arse kicking.

They took the full 6000 and looked like they brought around half, meaning due to the allocated seats our own ST holders in Bullens Road were moved and also due to us then selling some of their unsold tickets in Upper Bullens a whole wedge of unoccupied seats were left in Lower Bullens where Evertonians could have filled them,absolute joke from Brentford.

I know mate. But they have a small support so were never going to shift so many. Given what they brought the usual away corner would've been sufficient.
We have to give them 15%, to be honest Brentford are to blame here, they could have sent them back earlier or even just sold tickets in either top and bottom and not both, Evertons hands were tied due to the rules on segregation also.

But I agree, it was crap seeing so many empty seats.

I don’t mind clubs like them not selling tickets, they’re not a big club with massive support and they’re not lower league so it isn’t a big day out. They shouldn’t have accepted the full 15% though, and they shouldn’t do the usual cringey lower league chants (although saying that come on blues you do NOT applaud your own attendance at the game you day tripping embarrassments).

Was the ridiculous sight of 2,000 empty seats.

What bright spark at our club decided to offer Brentford 6,000 tickets with their small support? What even bigger idiot at Brentford decided to accept so many?? Our club publicly said the game was a sell-out!

I'm a season ticket holder so had no problem getting a ticket but there's been Blues all over social media desperately trying to get tickets all week, including a few members of my family who aren't season ticket holders, so it was highly annoying to see so many empty seats when they should've been occupied by Blues on the best day we've had all season.

I know you have to offer more for FA Cup games but they were never going to shift 6,000 tickets so should just had the usual corner of the Bullens and then more Blues could've been there today. With money lost as well somebody at both clubs needs their arse kicking.

Supposedly Brentford asked for all the ticket allocation mate then only sold 3,200 tickets then returned the rest late in the day so it was then to late for us to sell them on to blues.

I know mate. But they have a small support so were never going to shift so many. Given what they brought the usual away corner would've been sufficient.
If you "know" the club were obliged to offer Brentford the 6000 tickets then why did you start your original post with.....

"What bright spark at our club decided to offer Brentford 6,000 tickets with their small support?"

Swear some Evertonians make stuff up in their head just to give the club a kicking.

Supposedly Brentford asked for all the ticket allocation mate then only sold 3,200 tickets then returned the rest late in the day so it was then to late for us to sell them on to blues.
This really. Everton only put up the extra seats on Wednesday but still said it was a sellout on Friday so the empty seats must have been a segregation issue. Brentford’s fault 100%

Swear some Evertonians make stuff up in their head just to give the club a kicking.
It's seen as a convenient way of criticising the club even if the evidence doesn't match with their view. We had to offer Brentford tickets, so we did.

They did not sell their full allocation and chose to not let the club know this early enough to make suitable amendments. I'm not sure there's much we could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.