The old Programme Shop on Goodison Road (1989-1994)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysInBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Looking through some old programmes - anyone remember this?

Used to love going in there as a kid and looking at all the away programmes from that season and saving up my pocket money to buy some. Nowadays you can just buy progs online from eBay etc. Back then it was far harder. This is from 1989:

OL4pdKg.jpg

Yes. It was just in front of where the marquee family zone thing is now.

Goodison Avenue's remnants are the entrance to the Park End car park. This was in one of the few remaining houses on the corner, now gone.

That area was covered with terraced housing, and the original kerb of that road is still there. Dixie Dean lived in that road I think at one point.

Pretty sure that was there a lot later than 1994 I remember buying an away programme in there early 2000.

Pretty sure that was there a lot later than 1994 I remember buying an away programme in there early 2000.

It wasn't mate, it was knocked down in 1994 to make way for the new Park End (or more specifically the Park End entrance & car park). All the houses and the shop were flattened in early 1994, as part of the new Park End development.

Sorry lad but I know for sure that it didn't go in 94 as I walked past it many a day going for the 68 bus.The park was built in 94 but the houses in Goodison avenue stayed up and the programme shop was the last block standing.

Sorry lad but I know for sure that it didn't go in 94 as I walked past it many a day going for the 68 bus.The park was built in 94 but the houses in Goodison avenue stayed up and the programme shop was the last block standing.

Have to hold my hands up here - having looked in a few more mid-90s programmes, that last block of houses wasn't flattened in 1994. You are right in that respect. Not sure when it all was flattened - I'll try to find out. It was definitely still there in 1996, as I've just seen an aerial shot from that time. I still think it was closed just after the mid 1990s but again, not certain now. I'll try to find out.

Found this photo, not sure what year either
ever1.jpg
but you can see new park end built but all old houses still there.

Seem to remember Sandy Brown being in digs at the row of terraced houses,at the park end,anyone remember. ?

Talking of programmes, does anyone have,
82/83 Oswestry
82/83 South Liverpool
93/94 Stantondale

For sale/swap
Cheers in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.