The most deserving starting 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
IF we get to the Final, and I know in football when the manager selects his side he can't base that on anything other than the need to win the game, but which starting 11 (or maybe just particular players) would you think would be the most deserving to have the honour of being selected for it?

To a large degree the team would pick itself. The tough calls for RM would be which 2 of the 3 CBs get the nod, who gets to play LB, and who gets to play wide out of Lennon, Mirallas and Deulofeu. You couldn't help but feel should we get to the final for those not selected with each having done their bit in different ways over the course of the season.

IF we get to the Final, and I know in football when the manager selects his side he can't base that on anything other than the need to win the game, but which starting 11 (or maybe just particular players) would you think would be the most deserving to have the honour of being selected for it?

To a large degree the team would pick itself. The tough calls for RM would be which 2 of the 3 CBs get the nod, who gets to play LB, and who gets to play wide out of Lennon, Mirallas and Deulofeu. You couldn't help but feel should we get to the final for those not selected with each having done their bit in different ways over the course of the season.

Well you've well and truly jinxed our game against Chelsea now.

My heart says, based purely on effort for club - hibbert, bains, Howard, peanut, jags and osman - the rest fill in around them. At the end of the day though, it only needs 11 to win it and 1 (Jags) to lift it!!

Same team that started last night.

With the possilble exception of Baines for Oviedo.

Oviedo is in on merit, and rightly so. He's been excellent since he's been back in the side.
For what it's worth, I think if you asked Baines he'd 100% agree that Brian has the shirt at the moment and deserves it....I can't imagine he'd feel otherwise as he's a grade A professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.