The Missing Thousands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan Lee Park

Player Valuation: £20m
In the first half last night we played some of the best football seen at Goodison for years; we are in the top four; unbeaten; lots of exciting players coveted by other clubs; crowd starting to really get behind the team.

And yet, we still can't manage to anywhere near fill the ground for any of our matches except the Derby.

I'd be interested to know what other people think are the reasons for this relatively poor support because I just don't understand it.

One thing I do know is that if we get to Wembley, at least 70,000 people will claim they have been to every game and that they should have an automatic right to tickets.

Disappointing crowd last night for sure. Combination of money still being right for people and this bent on sky means crowd reduced..

What was the attendance?

I had a quick look around last night and there was empty seats at the back of the paddock and lower bullens, a few up top in the corner of the upper Gwladys, the whole top tier of the away end.

We've been getting decent crowds at weekend games. The fact it was on sky and being a Monday night doesn't help

This..... whisper it but a lot of Evertonians live a long way from Goodison. Trying to get home at 10 pm on a Monday night with work in the morning is not always as simple as getting on a 21 bus.

This..... whisper it but a lot of Evertonians live a long way from Goodison. Trying to get home at 10 pm on a Monday night with work in the morning is not always as simple as getting on a 21 bus.

Fair point.

I should know as I get the 68 bus and they are rarer than rocking horse **** after 10 p.m.

It was so low because Newcastle took less than 1000, and only obstructed views where left.

does anyone know how many seats at goodison are obstructed?

i was sat in the main stand for a pre season friendly, and i couldnt see a the edge of the penalty area because of a post, and that seat wasnt classed as obstructed view.

To put a positive twist on attendance last nigh:

33000 + 2000 empty NUFC seats + 4000 obstructed view seats = full house.

Not bad for a midweek game on sky!!!!!

Point to note is that a couple of seasons ago evertonfc would sell the tickets above the away supporters if they don't take them but they have stopped that, don't know if it is a safety issue or we can't sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.