The Kit Thread - Season 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't. Yellow pre-dates the amber. It is traditional.

The amber was a 60s abomination (I have no idea how it has been welcome back of late by our fans because it just represents defeat in a cup final by WBA as far as I'm concerned).
The first Everton yellow shirts were in the 50s and early 60's but were actually a 3rd shirt. The first time it was used as an away kit was the 68-72 and was the amber.

Personally I love the classic amber, but also the yellow of the late seventies. Isn't it acceptable to like both....and the 80s grey....and 90s salmon as well?

The first Everton yellow shirts were in the 50s and early 60's but were actually a 3rd shirt. The first time it was used as an away kit was the 68-72 and was the amber.

Personally I love the classic amber, but also the yellow of the late seventies. Isn't it acceptable to like both....and the 80s grey....and 90s salmon as well?
It's acceptable to some, yes. Not me.

I'm not giving out instruction, just an opinion.

You can like whatever you want. I was just stating my preference/ opinion which is what I thought the thread was about.

It's interesting that , so must have been what Nike was for us too a few years ago - template kits?
I like Hummel the best of the options now, considering what you're saying. Later I'd love it if we had a custom Nike or Puma.

Yeah the Nike kits we had were just template kits, where they have a standard design for multiple clubs then just stick our clubs badge and sponsor on it. To be fair when we had Umbro there were elements that we had in our kits that were the same as other teams, but we normally got 1 unique kit per season. I know there are a lot of people who are not bothered by the template kit, as long as its a brand they prefer, like Nike or Adidas.

The most important things I think are what the club get paid and what the fans have to pay. I think the price of an adult shirt for us at the moment is £60, which is the same as the players wear. if you look at some clubs like man u, Chelsea, Liverpool, its £70 for a "stadium" shirt, which is not what the players wear and £100 for the actual shirt.

The likes of Fulham and Leeds have Adidas mate
Look at what they get paid though. Fulhams deal is undisclosed signed their deal in 2017, when they were in the championship I don't believe they get more than the £9m per season we are getting. The Leeds deal was udiscolsed as well, but given they were coming up from the championship, I can't see it being that big. Yes adidas pay Man u and Arsenal big money, but Leicester and Wolves get £3m per season, Sheffield Utd get £750,000. Here is a breakdown of what Premier league clubs were getting from each manufacturer when we signed our Hummel deal. There is a massive gap between our deal and the top 6. That's why if we become a champions league team it makes a big difference when it comes to these deals

The bib had yellow trim. Will find a close up picture for you

A506FA36-5C7B-4534-A4FB-117C1C50575A.jpeg

Look at what they get paid though. Fulhams deal is undisclosed signed their deal in 2017, when they were in the championship I don't believe they get more than the £9m per season we are getting. The Leeds deal was udiscolsed as well, but given they were coming up from the championship, I can't see it being that big. Yes adidas pay Man u and Arsenal big money, but Leicester and Wolves get £3m per season, Sheffield Utd get £750,000. Here is a breakdown of what Premier league clubs were getting from each manufacturer when we signed our Hummel deal. There is a massive gap between our deal and the top 6. That's why if we become a champions league team it makes a big difference when it comes to these deals

That table is so interesting, especially shows how important league position is for so many reasons. If we make it to the champions league once, it won't make a big, long term difference (look at Leicester / West Ham) but if we consistently are in Europe for a few years, then we can start to pitch for £30m like Spurs. But they are in London and in a massive stadium, and have had the Amazon documentary etc. Just shows how important marketing is, but also how important it is that the player feels for the club. When Rooney came, I dont' think he did any favours to us in our social media followers or global followers, and so far, I don't think James is having an impact on that either, because he's not posting about Everton much. Finance, marketing & football are all part of the same challenge now, and I really hope (but unfortunately I doubt it) that our club's organisation and business is improving, and we don't still have the 'plucky little Everton' mentality. How they took advantage of James' signing was cool - in Botoga, Miami & NY - but we need more than that!

I think we were linked with Castore before we signed the Hummel deal, but I think that was only because they are based in Liverpool. I think the Castore kits for Rangers have looked OK, but these Newcastle ones look poor. The sponsor is awful though, I'm not sure many kits would look good with that on it

Keeper kit is reminding me more of this than anything else

View attachment 132856

View attachment 132857
Aye, which is why I really like it. It looks even better in the flesh based on the display in the store this morning. Are people actually not happy with it?

The home kit is nice too. In fact, the away kit is probably my least favourite of the three, and I actually really like that too.

In terms of quality, last year's kits were great too as my son has wore them regularly in the past twelve months and have last much longer than Umbro etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.