The Kit Thread - Season 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Dave’s found something new to whinge about. I think it had been about 12hrs since he added something to his list. I was getting concerned.

Shouldn’t be yellow anyway, should be amber. Entirely different colour.
It shouldn't. Yellow pre-dates the amber. It is traditional.

The amber was a 60s abomination (I have no idea how it has been welcome back of late by our fans because it just represents defeat in a cup final by WBA as far as I'm concerned).

The away change at United always pisses me off: why do we need to look like Chelsea to play them when they have red shirts, white shorts and black socks and we have blue shirts, white shorts and white or blue socks?

I hate seeing Everton in all blue.
They used to do the same with black shorts instead of white.

Dunno if they still do that or not actually, can't remember. I thought they always looked better in the black shorts.

It shouldn't. Yellow pre-dates the amber. It is traditional.

The amber was a 60s abomination (I have no idea how it has been welcome back of late by our fans because it just represents defeat in a cup final by WBA as far as I'm concerned).
Neither yellow or amber were a staple on the home kit.

Past few years it has been which is fine. As long as its just a bit of piping and not across the kit like the one 2 one Bakayoko kit. We played around with black on the kit for a while too like the lovely black and blue hooped socks of 1995-6. Very nice but not strictly Everton.

As long as they get the right shade of blue that's all I am bothered about, oh and white socks.

They used to do the same with black shorts instead of white.

Dunno if they still do that or not actually, can't remember. I thought they always looked better in the black shorts.
United?

Yes, red shirts and black shorts, black socks they always wore away from home. It's their corporate colours, just as ours is blue, white and yellow; and Liverpool's is red, white and black.

Past few years it has been which is fine. As long as its just a bit of piping and not across the kit like the one 2 one Bakayoko kit. We played around with black on the kit for a while too like the lovely black and blue hooped socks of 1995-6. Very nice but not strictly Everton.

As long as they get the right shade of blue that's all I am bothered about, oh and white socks.
No, not on the home kit. It was in some of the away's though well before the amber was introduced illicitly.

The amber kit probably only came about because someone messed up.

How anyone thinks amber is a fitting colour for a kit for Everton is beyond me. Going from yellow on the second kit to amber is like going from royal blue to navy blue on the home kit.

Shouldn’t be yellow anyway, should be amber. Entirely different colour.

Yes I was thinking more about the staple of our away kit. Small Bit of piping is just about acceptable on home kit. Don’t know why I’m so bothered about it, I’ve not worn one for about 50+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.