The Home Crowd Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubey

Allardyce Out
I'm not having a go at fellow Evertonians, but I have to note this.

Tonight, they were silent from the get-go at Goodison. They picked up a bit when we went a goal down and towards the end of the game, but there was zero atmosphere for the majority of the game.

That's all well and good. But to then boo with such utter hatred at the final whistle was just ridiculous.

Yes, I want Moyes out, I thought the team played terribly and it's disappointing to go out of the FA Cup like that, but if the fans cheered half as loud as they booed at the end we might have made Goodison a bit more of a fortress tonight.

I haven't got much of a leg to stand on as I didn't go the game myself, but I was disappointed to see that reaction on TV.

I was there for the Sunderland game -- a game we comfortably won -- and the fans were quiet then.

But erm... So what? You pay a lot of dosh to see the game, so it's your choice whether or not you want to quietly enjoy/endure the game or bounce around like a mentalist. At the end of the day, the players and manager should be able to check their bank balances for all the motivation they need.

4454784619_fbcd0f1f7d.jpg

I was there for the Sunderland game -- a game we comfortably won -- and the fans were quiet then.

But erm... So what? You pay a lot of dosh to see the game, so it's your choice whether or not you want to quietly enjoy/endure the game or bounce around like a mentalist. At the end of the day, the players and manager should be able to check their bank balances for all the motivation they need.

I dunno... Guess I'm old-fashioned, despite only being in my mid-twenties.

I don't see the point in paying big money for a ticket just to sit there like a mute when the game is live on TV and you could do the same at home.

I know the players didn't give much to cheer about but... I dunno... just disappointing.

Ahhhh. Yet to be popped I see!

I dunno... Guess I'm old-fashioned, despite only being in my mid-twenties.

I don't see the point in paying big money for a ticket just to sit there like a mute when the game is live on TV and you could do the same at home.

I know the players didn't give much to cheer about but... I dunno... just disappointing.

Ahhhh. Yet to be popped I see!

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the mentalists; screaming out tactics, singing the blues and oooing and aaahing. But I'm just playing Devil's advocate. And I think there are way more reasons to see a match live than just to be heard.

Tonight, they were silent from the get-go at Goodison. They picked up a bit when we went a goal down and towards the end of the game, but there was zero atmosphere for the majority of the game.

That's all well and good. But to then boo with such utter hatred at the final whistle was just ridiculous.

Yes, I want Moyes out, I thought the team played terribly and it's disappointing to go out of the FA Cup like that, but if the fans cheered half as loud as they booed at the end we might have made Goodison a bit more of a fortress tonight.

I haven't got much of a leg to stand on as I didn't go the game myself, but I was disappointed to see that reaction on TV.

As said in the match thread, I'm normally not one for booing, but the players got what they deserved tonight. They are first to take the plaudits when it goes well. So I think it's only fair enough they get such a treatment from the Goodison crowd, after a gutless performance like tonight.

Give the fans something to cheer about...you get the atmosphere.

So far this season it tends to happen when we're 1 or 2 down and in the final 20minutes...

Dead mate fookin dead. Flat atmosphere equals flat match.

watchin Beckford turn up just before kick off an 4 5 fkn 1 the collective groans were louder than any cheers

it was weird tonight nobody could muster a song before they even come on the pitch, to be fair i spent most of the match swearing and throwing my hands in the air so didnt have time for much singing

Sat wondering if we had a plan B as Baines and Coleman were continually shut down kept me pretty quiet, also Johnny warming up in front of us with murder in his eyes meant I was too frightened to sing, sorry

I was doing plenty of shouting.

Particularly at every challenge backed out of and every header missed or pulled out of.

As you can probably tell there was a lot to shout about.

Status
Not open for further replies.