The Fortress Sports Fund/KD/Mr. Kenwright etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what kenwright lover had to say now. I remember this forum became toxic because of him and his imaginary stadium project/fortress fund lies. Looking back at those post must be extremely cringeworthy.

I was on Kipper back in the day and the likes of Steve who gets on here did nothing but defend the bloke to the hilt and dont get me wrong everyone's entitled to an opinion but I still dont get how people could not see how he was driving us into the ground.

I know people slate the current owners but for all their faults they have at least tried to make a go of it and are delivering us a stadium.

Luckier still, it was widely reported that Kenwright was desperate for Gary Megson.

It was Walter Smith who convinced him Moyes was the better option.
I was trying to rack my brain who was also in contention, thought it was Owen Coyle mentioned as well (although I may be wrong, but Megson lol).

I’ll give him some credit because he did rap Moyes up pretty quick, sure it was a day or two between sacking smith and appointing Moyes

I always remember the story about how BK nearly sold us to a bloke in a Manchester bedsit - except he actually found out thats who he was, and put a stop it.

Yet even now, some people refer to him as the man who nearly sold us to some Manc in a bedsit.

There's a lot that Kenwright did wrong, however some of the accusations levelled at him have gone too far.

I didn’t trust the Greggs either.

That was the point we needed a billionaire though. It’s too late now, we missed the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.