The Fortress Sports Fund/KD/Mr. Kenwright etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Everton had moved to that stadium in Kirkby though. Handing the city to the RS. Things would be much worse than what they currently are.

Of all the luck that Kenwright has had, I feel that the thwarting of the Kirkby move against his wishes was actually the most lucky of all. The move would have hurt the club so much.

The first time I heard Bill's boys pen stories I knew he was a liar. I used to go in the pen in the early 60's and unless it changed remarkably in the 5 years or so between when I went and when Bill did, he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in there.

A kid like him? They'd have had him in years and taken his bus fare home off him.
In tears typo

Just for the record, Gregg wanted complete and full ownership of the stadium not just 'a greater influence'
After being told that was a complete non starter he spat his dummy out and sold up
I thought the issue was that he wanted control of the club?

Just for the record, Gregg wanted complete and full ownership of the stadium not just 'a greater influence'
After being told that was a complete non starter he spat his dummy out and sold up
We have different recollections then.

Around that time Paul and Anita Gregg invited shareholders to a seperate meeting. A bit of a charm offensive.

They exolained they were not gifting the 30m, they were effectively providing Everton with a mortgage. The club would still own the ground oncenthe debt was settled. The Greggs main interest was the non-matchday stuff and they wanted to lead that side.

Imagine if Everton had moved to that stadium in Kirkby though. Handing the city to the RS. Things would be much worse than what they currently are.

Of all the luck that Kenwright has had, I feel that the thwarting of the Kirkby move against his wishes was actually the most lucky of all. The move would have hurt the club so much.
Why imagine anything? Why do that to.yourself?
Imagine getting Moshiri
Imagine getting Fat Sam, Silva, Rafael.
Imagine getting Marcel Brands
Imagine panic buying Bolasi
Imagine Iwobi
Imagine mid table mediocrity
Imagine European football being a thing of the past....

We have different recollections then.

Around that time Paul and Anita Gregg invited shareholders to a seperate meeting. A bit of a charm offensive.

They exolained they were not gifting the 30m, they were effectively providing Everton with a mortgage. The club would still own the ground oncenthe debt was settled. The Greggs main interest was the non-matchday stuff and they wanted to lead that side.
The reverse mortgage he presented involved Everton giving up equity in the stadium.

He is not always going to be chairman. When that happens we might as well just pack it in completely because that’s the way it comes across from many that without him we will be done . It’s Everton FC not Bill Kenwright FC.

I’m sick of the egotistical tripe surrounding this fella.

Bill crying and getting his ma on the phone to shout at Alex Ferguson and David Gill was a personal favourite of mine. This being when we sold them Rooney. Can imagine what Ferguson and the United executives thought of us back then..

Kenwright should have come in rescuing us off Johnson, steady the ship and immediately looked to sell to someone capable of running a club of our size. He'd have had so much more respect if he did this.

Instead he desperately tried to cling to power selling our assets, living hand to mouth each season, getting involved with murky millionaires and lying through his back teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.