The five worst strikers you've seen play for Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had loads of "meh" strikers in my lifetime. Some we though were decent but ended up being decent only fleetingly.

Imre Varadi, Bakayoko, John Spencer, Tommy Johnson anyone? Madar, James Beattie and so many others
Varadi lol. Except when he scored that goal against the RS and the mutants wanted to string him up.

Remember when we had so many injuries and a vey small squad that Steve Watson had to play up front? What a mess we were in back then.

All totally useless

Bernie The Bolt Wright
Jeffers Loan version
Barn Door
Brett "Tesco" Angell
Oumar Niasse

Honourable mentions: David Johnson part II, Micky Madar, Rodney (you plonker) Belfitt

Last edited:
To be honest, I've always had a memory of Smallman being a bit gash, but I was young at his time. Having checked his record, I'm owning up to being off target. I'm hereby allowing one free transfer per poster. In light of this, I'm replacing Smallman with Jim Pearson, the human hairpin. Never a fan of this skinny rake.

Niasse looked like he'd never played an 11 a side game in his life.

I'm one of straqs biggest fans in gratitude for his efforts but there was no way he was anywhere close to premiership level.

Jelavic just got worse with every game he played and I couldn't wait to get rid.

Brett angell just wasn't played in the right formation. Given a few more years and I think he could have been one of our number 9 icons.

I know Stuart Barlow couldn't hit a barn door, or a cow's arse with a banjo, but I remember him, not as "barndoor', but as "jigsaw", as in 'falls apart in the box'.

1. Oumar Niasse
2. John Spencer
3. Brett Angel
4. Francis Jeffers
5. Denis Stracqualursi

A grand total of 3 goals in 73 appearances for this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.