The first 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have any players good enough to get the ball and say "I'm better than you" and then do something good to prove it. Richarlison is almost there at times, but that's about it. That's why we struggle to break down defences, and why we struggle away from home. Quite a fundamental problem, to be fair.

I'd maybe try Kean, Tosun and Richarlison up front as narrow three with Bernard and Iwobi behind them centrally. We have to find a way to get more of our dynamic attacking players on the pitch; setting up defensively clearly isn't going to work this season.

Forgot Gomes plays for us haha. You know what, he'd have probably made a difference in the last two games providing he didn't put in another Villa performance.

need a cb and cm in jan another cm like dacoure who could join the attack would help running infront of the cf to get some space for the striker

Ive seen a huge number of posts slating Silva / Brands / Moshiri tonight.

I know its boring, and its like playing a song on repeat but the fact is that were only two summers into the new regime and have shifted and brought in a huge number of players so far.

It seems to be a gradual process to me... yet to see the results of the rebuild.

Ive thought since last summer that 2020/2021 is the season that i think things will start taking shape as thats when we will see the results of 3 summers rebuild -- which i think most of us agreed was required when Brands came in.

Im not sure... what tactics Silva could change with the players fit on a weekly basis (no quality depth).

I think we just need to be patient and trust the process.

Don't agree with this bit in bold at all, but I'll hold my hands up and say I did not expect to come in here and agree with a post by @Zatara. Think you've hit the nail on the head; the reaction is massively kneejerk, we're not even a quarter of the way through the season.

Baines, Stek, Tosun and to an extent Walcott barely play though. It would free up some space (to buy other losers no doubt) but it doesn't solve whats happening on the pitch right now either as they are not really part of the problem.

If the squad depth is poor then the starters arent under threat of being dropped.

Not only that, theres no threat when we make any subs...Silva could sub anyone on and theyre not good enough.

Gbamin looked tosh before he got injured. Admittedly it’s early days but I wouldn’t go resting my hopes on him being an equivalent to Gueye.

Gomes has been garbage all season, bar maybe Wolves. A bit of time on the sidelines can’t hurt him.

The best managers, even just “good” managers, create an effective system around their personnel and get a tune out of far worse players than ours. Silva takes the responsibility and it should* cost him his job. But it won’t.

The club say one thing and do another. All mouth and no trousers. Any club with real ambitions would have turfed this clown out long ago. Any club with real ambitions would have appointed a manager with genuine credentials and a more impressive CV than “made Watford look good for a bit” and “got relegated with Hull but beat Liverpool”.

He was underqualified to begin with and he’s proven to be just that. A club with real ambitions, we are not. I’m angry with MS but only to a point. He’s been given a task beyond his means.

When your first line is that a new, non-match fit signing from a foreign league looked "tosh" when he was thrown in at the deep end...

Pretty much a Hobson’s choice with this bunch, but definitely not Davies.

Holgate to replace Keane who I believe is mentally vulnerable at present.

Ultimate solution: 4-4-2 until we steady the ship.

Will this happen: not in a million; not with someone at the helm who only maintains his position because we’ve an owner who is too embarrassed to admit he got it wrong, again.

How can we play 442 with our midfielders? Only Gbamin seems to be athletic, the rest?

We don't have any players good enough to get the ball and say "I'm better than you" and then do something good to prove it. Richarlison is almost there at times, but that's about it. That's why we struggle to break down defences, and why we struggle away from home. Quite a fundamental problem, to be fair.

I'd maybe try Kean, Tosun and Richarlison up front as narrow three with Bernard and Iwobi behind them centrally. We have to find a way to get more of our dynamic attacking players on the pitch; setting up defensively clearly isn't going to work this season.

Digne / Mina / Gomes / Bernard / Kean / Richarlison

They have shown that they can all do that at times.

Forgot Gomes plays for us haha. You know what, he'd have probably made a difference in the last two games providing he didn't put in another Villa performance.

He doesnt seem to be able to link with Sigurdsson who also cant link with Schneiderlin.

Gomes and Gbamin need to return after the city game.

need a cb and cm in jan another cm like dacoure who could join the attack would help running infront of the cf to get some space for the striker

Not sure why, but i first read Dacoure as Dacourt.

Either Doucoure or Dacourt would be massive in this squad. I think we have Gomes / Gbamin who are starting quality and need to add 2 or 3 centre midfielders in Jan + summer.

Its really our weak spot.

Need a new CB.
Would like to see a midfield 3 of Gomes, Schneiderlin and Delph. I've been a massive defender of ye old Gylf but he is still at his honeymoon.

Need a new CB.
Would like to see a midfield 3 of Gomes, Schneiderlin and Delph. I've been a massive defender of ye old Gylf but he is still at his honeymoon.

That midfield looks really average. Dare i say mid-bottom half quality.

I think unfortunately we just have to realise that we are not a very good side. We've gone backwards from even last season. Midfield area is killing us, defensively chaotic and missing a proven front man. Doesn't bode well.

I think unfortunately we just have to realise that we are not a very good side. We've gone backwards from even last season. Midfield area is killing us, defensively chaotic and missing a proven front man. Doesn't bode well.
Leaking soft goals left right and centre and have only scored 5 goals this season (3 in one game). All the stats suggest you are right, that we are indeed a poor side. On another note, the loss of Gana to screen our defensive and break up attacks and zouma - pace is being highlighted more then ever defensively at the moment.

Leaking soft goals left right and centre and have only scored 5 goals this season (3 in one game). All the stats suggest you are right, that we are indeed a poor side. On another note, the loss of Gana to screen our defensive and break up attacks and zouma - pace is being highlighted more then ever defensively at the moment.
Agreed mate. Gueye hasn't been replaced that's for sure. The general lack of pace in our attacks is food and drink to sides like Sheffield United too and that's why I wasn't even that surprised with the result yesterday.

It's times like these Im a bit surprised at the sale of someone like Joe Williams. Is he necessarily up to "the standard"? Probably not. But he'd put in a hell of a lot more of a shift than what we currently have got going.

Status
Not open for further replies.