the fans

could fans be to blame too??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course theres a lot of fickle behaviour. Wins always cover over the cracks and cheer people up.

But you can hardly claim we're a shining example of how to run a football club. We've been a mess for years now on and off the field. That game on Sunday just summed up everything.

Absolutely not! Far from it. I’m not sure the game did sum everything up though. We did more than enough to win the game despite not playing that well between the boxes. I’ve seen far worse performances in the ‘stable’ Moyes era. Bolton 0-4, Blackburn 1-4, Arsenal 1-6, Wigan 0-3... The list goes on.

I think what the game summed up was that as a club we are just a bit too desperate. Desperate fans especially, who just really want to win because a) they want to feel better about themselves and absorb Everton as part of their identity and b) their rivals are winning stuff and are giving it the large one. But also the players are a bit desperate. Losing their heads so easily. Coleman talks about ‘a trophy for this club’ like it’s a unicorn. We want everything right now without recognising that football is a process. We have to undo all the bad that has been done since 2013 and it will take time.

Danny Murphy and Talkshite absolutely loving that.
Great kudos from me to this small group who went down to FF. Proud that they took positive action. We as fans have been quiet for 2 long. People say kopite behaviour. Well there protests didn't do them any harm if you look where they are now. These players need to stand up and be counted. Well the ones who can be bothered anyway

Isn't there any pictures or videos of these chaps outside Finch farm
No not seen any which is strange because there’s usually always atleast a few reporters with cameras outside the gates through the day.the players were off on Monday though when these fans supposedly went there so maybe that’s why no press were around

No not seen any which is strange because there’s usually always atleast a few reporters with cameras outside the gates through the day.the players were off on Monday though when these fans supposedly went there so maybe that’s why no press were around
Dont believe this story at all, for this very reason, pics or it didnt happen is a reality these days.
It's about as real a story as the Delph photoshops.

Minor point, but we could stop having cringeworthy meltdowns in reaction to individual bad results.

Yes, there are a lot of things that need improving. Games like Sunday are embarrassingly bad. And many things are in the process of being improved.

But why are we never bothered about them after victories and satisfactory draws?

Genuinely cringe at some of the stuff I read on Twitter from Blues with a media presence after defeats.
Because the same type of defeats happen all the time at Everton. Losing to the RS in the semi final a few years back, losing to Wigan 3-0 in the quarter final at home, lose to Arsenal the next year, get thrashed by Dynamo Kiev, lose 2 semi finals against relatively average opposition, Pickford giving VVD a winner on his debut in the 3rd round, giving them a win the next season. There is a continual pattern of us bottling it when it really matters, at a certain point you can't simply blame bad luck or poor refereeing decisions.
This is why we're in this mess, we kept Silva when he should of shown the door ages ago, we could of realistically had a decent chance at going for Europe this season, yet we kept him on so it's too late. Losing at Liverpool in December wasn't a huge deal, considering they have only dropped points once in the league this season. However losing to Liverpool's B team, really is unforgivable. It's like what I said to somebody after we beat West Ham, we'll go to Brighton and lose next week and we did. Our players turn up when they feel like it there is zero pressure on them to actually succeed.

To suggest the supporters have anything to do with the death spiral this club has found itself in...Oh hold on a minute. This thread was posted the day after a humiliating derby defeat. Check. Emotions running high. Check. Click Bait. Check.

Because the same type of defeats happen all the time at Everton. Losing to the RS in the semi final a few years back, losing to Wigan 3-0 in the quarter final at home, lose to Arsenal the next year, get thrashed by Dynamo Kiev, lose 2 semi finals against relatively average opposition, Pickford giving VVD a winner on his debut in the 3rd round, giving them a win the next season. There is a continual pattern of us bottling it when it really matters, at a certain point you can't simply blame bad luck or poor refereeing decisions.
This is why we're in this mess, we kept Silva when he should of shown the door ages ago, we could of realistically had a decent chance at going for Europe this season, yet we kept him on so it's too late. Losing at Liverpool in December wasn't a huge deal, considering they have only dropped points once in the league this season. However losing to Liverpool's B team, really is unforgivable. It's like what I said to somebody after we beat West Ham, we'll go to Brighton and lose next week and we did. Our players turn up when they feel like it there is zero pressure on them to actually succeed.

Rubbish. We lose because we’re not good enough. There’s no latent mystery to it. But the fans love tapping into this idea that somehow Everton have this extra special propensity to bottle it. It’s rubbish.

We are SIX points behind United in 5th with just under half the season left. You think that’s some insurmountable distance and the season is over for Europe. And you have the temerity to accuse the club and players of not having the right mentality?! lol

So let me get this straight. We are losing our tits because we lost to a team we always lose to no matter the circumstances.

If we start winning all the little games, and let’s say we steal a few games from the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham, United and Arsenal, doesn’t that mean we are doing quite alright? F Liverpool FC man. Just let it go. Everyone knew we had work to do with that abomination of a midfield. It will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.