The FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LydiateLee

Player Valuation: £8m
After these 2 draws I feel any outside hopes of a top 5 push are now over, the gap is huge.

Sixth is still achievable but we get the same reward as we would by winning the cup.

I know which one I'd prefer.

This club and especially our fan base needs that success more than anything. I'd rest players in the league either side of our cup games, no arsing around. I'd rather go all out in the cup and the worst we'd end up is 9th because the rest of the league are dross.

Also, a good cup run could actually boost our league form as it keeps up the feel good factor around the club.

After these 2 draws I feel any outside hopes of a top 5 push are now over, the gap is huge.

Sixth is still achievable but we get the same reward as we would by winning the cup.

This club and especially our fan base needs that success more than anything. I'd rest players in the league either side of our cup games, no arsing around. I'd rather go all out in the cup and the worst we'd end up is 9th because the rest of the league are dross.

Also, a good cup run could actually boost our league form as it keeps up the feel good factor around the club.

Get the tragic feeling that Silva won´t value it. For us to have a run at this I think we need an easy draw until the quarters.

Play against any decent team away with the inevitable changes that will be made and I think we will lose.

The FA Cup is the same as the League Cup. I don't care about it until maybe the quarter-final. After the last two performances I'd be more worried about our league position than wondering about a cup run

The second half of last season was strange. Felt like we hardly had any games because we´d gone out of the cup early. Not that it was a bad thing.

The FA Cup is the same as the League Cup. I don't care about it until maybe the quarter-final. After the last two performances I'd be more worried about our league position than wondering about a cup run
Haha

Just like everyone else.
"We need to get into Europe so we can attract better players"
Then when we start losing its
"I hope we go out these extra games are making us tired"

Haha

Just like everyone else.
No, not at all. As for Europe, no thanks. The Europa League sucks worse than the League Cup. Champions League or nothing I say.

Haha

Just like everyone else.
Cowardice runs through the fans aswell as the players and board, we are a truely awful football club, good in the community though

Meh 6th or 10th place is much of a muchness, at this stage.23 heading into 24 years without a trophy.It's gone beyond the joke at this stage.We have to win 6 games to win the FA Cup.If the players and manager take it serious enough, then we can do it.

Easy to think it ain’t important, but for me there is something about Everton having a good run in the FA Cup that makes you believe again. Too often in recent years we ain’t there when it gets serious in the later rounds, you get the quarters and I guarantee nobody wants the Toffees at our place. Everton should be priotising the Cup, fed up of no shows against the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle and much worse than these ending our participation. This used to matter but we’ve had that many shocking losses to the Likes of Shrewsbury, Tranmere, Port Vale, Bradford it seems the Cup is a run out for the ressies. Not this year Marco please

Status
Not open for further replies.