The Excuses Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaMoney

Player Valuation: £40m
After a bright start from the manager, I’ve seen a few forum members who are making excuses as to why he’s done well so far.

Rather than placing them in different threads, I’ve created this one for people to post their reasons (excuses) as to why we’ve done well, or when it happens, why we lost.

Examples:

1. “he hasn’t had to deal with any major injuries so far”

2. “we’ve only played crap teams”

This also gives chance for people to counter them excuses with their own arguments, and should allow for lots of friendly debate.

We’re doing ok at the minute but it’s a marathon not a sprint as we saw last season. Im not a Benitez fan at all but he’s doing ok.
I suppose for some the excuses will be when we lose a few it’s not his squad but when we win he’s fantastic.
IMO this appointment will only be justified if he wins us a trophy or gets us CL

After a bright start from the manager, I’ve seen a few forum members who are making excuses as to why he’s done well so far.

Rather than placing them in different threads, I’ve created this one for people to post their reasons (excuses) as to why we’ve done well, or when it happens, why we lost.

Examples:

This also gives chance for people to counter them excuses with their own arguments, and should allow for lots of friendly debate.
Done well with no Lewin the last 20 v Brighton, did well last night - though took a while,
Leeds away is not usually easy, Brighton had 100% record and still we are the only team to beat them, but anyway it would not be a forum without someone moaning even in a win as there is always something lol

They are both kinda true to be fair, but

1. Godfrey was injured for our first few (on of our best players last season) and Dom missed the last one. He was missing good players in every game so far.

2. Crap teams are often absurdly hard to break down. We should have beaten Leeds away from home and we DID beat Brighton away from home. WITH FANS back as well. If we keep up this trend of competing and winning away from home (and keep winning at home), we are very much in contention for Europe.

We seem to have a plan. Rafael seems versatile in the ways he approaches games. That is more than I could ask for when we were held hostage by FFP. Man brought in two studs from the $1 McDonald’s menu. Should be credited for that.

Well first he has to earn a second season, he has to be in or around the European places come the end of the season. He also has to have us playing good football for the most part.

In short we need to be on a constant upward trajectory
Absolutely agree.

I was just checking you were not being unrealistic (based on our history over the past 20+ years) and demanding one or the other this season.

Moshiri has tried cutting corners and got nowhere. If we can see steady but definite progress between now and the stadium move I'll be relatively pleased.

I think we'll do 'quite' well in the cups this season, and probably get a similar points tally as last, maybe 5/6 more if things go our way.

Reactions: JLW
We are doing well so far and I'm more than happy. I'm just not ready to overboard after only 5 games.

We started even better than this last year but quickly things went wrong, so we need to take it game by game and keep picking up points. When the inevitable poor result comes we need to respond and not allow it to turn into a long run of poor form. We need to stay strong at home - that's the foundation of any good season and ultimately what cost us last time.

It's a long season and it's only mid September. Long way to go and we haven't done anything yet. Although obviously it's much better to have 10 points on the board than none.

Examples:

You forgot to mention not much transfer funds, in fact we shopped for players well below the standard of previous failures of past Managers - So let's stop comparing him, & let's see how we get on this season ...... DCL was injured last night - the teams we have played we got beat by some of the teams we have played last season....
I feel RB will hit a bad patch with the squad he has been left with TBH - as any new Manager would have done under the circumstances Brands & Carlo left us in plus past managers....

Status
Not open for further replies.