The Everton Squad of 25.....well, 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alio

They call me Avocado Baby
Pretty obvious, but confirmation of the squad from the OS....

All of Everton's registered players are eligible for the Blues this season after the Club submitted its official squad list on Wednesday.

The youthful nature of David Moyes' squad means meeting new Premier League rules was not a problem.

This season the league has introduced a new rule whereby Clubs must name up to a 25-man squad - which can only be modified during the January transfer window once submitted.

Other clubs, notably Manchester City, have had to offload players to enable them to meet the regulations. Robinho, Craig Bellamy and Felipe Caicedo all departed Eastlands this summer, but ex-Everton man Jo is part of their squad.

As well as boasting a young squad, Everton also have a proud record of player development, meaning meeting the new ‘home-grown' quota has been straightforward.

The lists were submitted on 1 September, the day after the summer transfer window closed.

Managers will then draw their squads, for Premier League games only, from this party, which can not be changed until the January transfer window.

The rules state that the squad must contain at least eight ‘home-grown' players, with that term meaning they have spent three years at an English or Welsh club between the ages of 16 and 21.

Everton's 21-man Squad

Tim Howard

Mikel Arteta

Jan Mucha

Steven Pienaar

Iain Turner

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tony Hibbert

Phil Neville

Seamus Coleman

Tim Cahill

Phil Jagielka

Louis Saha

Sylvain Distin

James Vaughan

John Heitinga

Victor Anichebe

Leigton Baines

Yakubu

Marouane Fellaini

Jermaine Beckford

Leon Osman

Eligible players under the age of 21

Jack Rodwell

Jose Baxter

Shane Duffy

James Wallace

Shkodran Mustafi

Magaye Gueye

Joao Silva

i don't understand it, we can have 25 but submitted 21 yet we can use a further 7 under 21's making it a 28 man squad. plus why isn't rodwell in the first 21 anyway.

He just doesn't need to be I guess

If we were made of millions, we'd be hoping for 4 new signings in January perhaps.............ha

i don't understand it, we can have 25 but submitted 21 yet we can use a further 7 under 21's making it a 28 man squad. plus why isn't rodwell in the first 21 anyway.

I think you can add youngsters whenever you want, so we don't need to list all the U21s.

Basically, all we need to know, is that we have 4 free slots for over 21 year olds we want to loan/sign in Jan, and that every player we have now can play.

As is stated above, they don't need to be named to the 25 man squad.

This does allow Everton to add 4 players outside the window who are not under contract, though, since they have only used 21 of the spots.

Two things I find noteworthy (because I'm weird like that):

1) It appears we quietly got rid of Kieran Agard at some point (he was in the original list of eligible home-grown players on the OS in June, but wasn't on the team sheet for any reserve game in 2010). He's never going to be Premier league quality, but maybe we could have sent him to Hearts when they were interested...

2) The Liverpool Echo's claim that Iain Turner has actually been loaned to Coventry for the season is almost certainly false, since he is in our team list...

Speaking of that, right now Adam Davies is our third keeper (not a bad thing, imo). From having 9 keepers over the age of 17 on the books at one point in 2009, we're down to 4... Probably also not a bad thing.

I think you can add youngsters whenever you want, so we don't need to list all the U21s.

Basically, all we need to know, is that we have 4 free slots for over 21 year olds we want to loan/sign in Jan, and that every player we have now can play.

Got it in one there lad...

Unlike our four legged friend who's overweight and woolly

Two things I find noteworthy (because I'm weird like that):

1) It appears we quietly got rid of Kieran Agard at some point (he was in the original list of eligible home-grown players on the OS in June, but wasn't on the team sheet for any reserve game in 2010). He's never going to be Premier league quality, but maybe we could have sent him to Hearts when they were interested...

2) The Liverpool Echo's claim that Iain Turner has actually been loaned to Coventry for the season is almost certainly false, since he is in our team list...

Speaking of that, right now Adam Davies is our third keeper (not a bad thing, imo). From having 9 keepers over the age of 17 on the books at one point in 2009, we're down to 4... Probably also not a bad thing.

It's only a month loan for Turner. But those types of loans can be extended on agreement.

Also they're subject to recall and therefore they probably included them in the 25 on that previso

Status
Not open for further replies.