The Everton Project

Who is or are going to be most important/influential in the Everton Project, and why?

• Mr Moshiri.....it's all about the money

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • Big Ron Koeman.....it's all about the winning mentality

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Lukaku and Raiola.....it's all about goalscorers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Walsh....it's about recruitment

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Primula with ham on burnt crumpets....it's all about heaven

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jim White....it's all about propaganda

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

evertony

Player Valuation: £40m
which individual or pair are going to be the most influential in returning Everton to the top table, and why? Is football, money, mentality or goals the main factor in success?

Koeman first, Moshiri second for me. Winning mentality is the most important. We've come close-ish without it, I think we can hit the Top 4 with it....and the money will get us over the line.

...a Project is all about delivering change through different strands. It might actually be more accurate to call it Programme Everton. These are various off field and on field categories being managed by various leads. The Project will eventually transition to 'business as usual' mode but the key enabler for it all is Moshiri.

All about changing the mentality for me. That's why Koeman is the most important. We've been in the shadows for too long and it's been perpetuated by our inferiority complex displayed most starkly by our performance in big games. The Derby and United away are going to set the scene for Koeman - I think he'll use those two performances to cement his summer requirements. We've got into a reasonable position and built some consistency and confidence with good results against the general teams in the division, and we were off the boil at Spurs. Koeman will learn a lot in the next few weeks...it's how I reckon he works.

I've gone for Walsh because whilst we need money and good management to achieve any success, that success needs to be sustainable over a period of time . A good DoF will ensure a level of continuity when replacing players and managers.

All about changing the mentality for me. That's why Koeman is the most important. We've been in the shadows for too long and it's been perpetuated by our inferiority complex displayed most starkly by our performance in big games. The Derby and United away are going to set the scene for Koeman - I think he'll use those two performances to cement his summer requirements. We've got into a reasonable position and built some consistency and confidence with good results against the general teams in the division, and we were off the boil at Spurs. Koeman will learn a lot in the next few weeks...it's how I reckon he works.

This, I voted Koeman, but working in a place that's a shambles (not Everton) I know that culture is set from the top,and I perhaps I should change to Moshiri. I think having a straight talking manager is vital though and it's not always about money, just having a chairman who demands the job done well, rather than the plucky old Everton nonsense.

I hope he starts changing his mentality with the two away games immediately after the break. Whilst I dont particularly agree with the concept if Roms interview during the week, he did say a few things I'm in agreement with. One is our tactics away to top teams.

I hope he learns from the Spurs game.

which individual or pair are going to be the most influential in returning Everton to the top table, and why? Is football, money, mentality or goals the main factor in success?
The right answer is all of the above and more. Think Mosh and Rk are the most important but it still requires all facets of the club to work together to the same end if we're to get there as quickly as we want. Sadly that also includes players and their agents.

It's been proven time and again the best predictor of league position is wage level. More expenditure buys higher quality players who'll perform better over the long term.
There are always exceptions but if we are to compete at the top that will very likely require massive investment which makes Mosh, and his fabled warchest, by far the most important factor.
If the war chest stays as well hidden as it's been so far then SW becomes the most important as he'll have to pull several more Gana type bargains out of the hat.

Has to be Mr. Mo.

He is here for the long haul......or at leads until a City type buy out became a thang.

Ronald, on the other hand, might be Arsenal or Barcelona bound in the summer.

So it is Mosh holding the key to my football dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.