The Everton Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

orly

Please check with me for Blammo criteria
A thread that essentially is intended to be on a lighter note to the current doom and gloom elsewhere.

What I am struggling with is that we have spent, what, £450m in the last few seasons. Yes ok, we have sold as well as bought.

But if you are an incoming owner and you were about to cycle through nearly a half a billion quid in about three years, wouldn't you, as the casual fan, insist that most of it was spent on 1 in 2 strikers and mecurial creative players?

I just find it very odd that anyone would have that kind of wedge and look to "fill in the gaps". Sure, you'd understand the importance of building a team with, say, the other £300m(!), but I think you'd say "but £150m should be spent entirely on guaranteed blammos", which we have failed to even attempt to do.

So that's my Everton mystery. That, and why Snivelley once captained the side.

What's yours?

Weird 60 minute games played on the same day, playing Sion and Monaco on a random field, why can’t we just be normal?

A lot of teams are like that though, Watford for example only had like 1-2 games scheduled up till around late July, some EFL teams play split squad fixtures on the same day. I can’t remember who but one EFL team played something like 1 game a day for around 7-8 days straight in the summer

We don't buy a proven striker due to various reasons because we can't afford one, various proven strikers won't come(Giroud) to a team without European football. English /premier strikers carry a premium. And we have failed to identify one from the lower leagues or the smaller leagues Tosun and Niasse being two examples amongst others. I tend to agree we needed more experience than Kean though who is another project when we needed right here right now this season. I would have had a go for Wilson or Mitrovic at least they are effective at what they do.

Why aren’t we giving meaningful game time to big summer signing and FIFA / Footy Manager wonderkid, Moise Kean?

Shades of Magaye Gueye, strong rumours he’s been utter Oumar in training and Niasse has been given his locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.