The Everton/Goodison Footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian

The Unobstructed View
I've been looking on Google Maps on Satellite view and if you right click you can drop some markers for distances and so measure the size of the land that we currently have which is around 150 x 200m if trying to maintain a rectangular shape. The actual is about 230x150x200x150 with Goodison rd the longest side.
I did this so as to then compare the footprint of other stadiums that are in existence, mainly because my arl fella went to The Bernabeu a few years ago & said that from the outside it doesnt seem that big and when approaching you dont really realise its there until its right in front of you.
So, I did similar footprint measures with a few stadiums as a comparison, it does seem that we have a bit of a problem with whats available width wise but have whats seeming to be a 'standard' length of approx 200m. Goodison footprint as approx 177 x 116 using a rectangle but 150 at widest point of Bullens to Main Stand.

here are some results....

Bernabeu 211 x 200, San Siro almost the same

Juventus 170 x 200

Dortmund 187 x 200

Mestalla 192 x 150

any other suggestions to measure whilst I'm at it ?

I've been looking on Google Maps on Satellite view and if you right click you can drop some markers for distances and so measure the size of the land that we currently have which is around 150 x 200m if trying to maintain a rectangular shape. The actual is about 230x150x200x150 with Goodison rd the longest side.
I did this so as to then compare the footprint of other stadiums that are in existence, mainly because my arl fella went to The Bernabeu a few years ago & said that from the outside it doesnt seem that big and when approaching you dont really realise its there until its right in front of you.
So, I did similar footprint measures with a few stadiums as a comparison, it does seem that we have a bit of a problem with whats available width wise but have whats seeming to be a 'standard' length of approx 200m. Goodison footprint as approx 177 x 116 using a rectangle but 150 at widest point of Bullens to Main Stand.

Juventus 170 x 200

Dortmund 187 x 200

Mestalla 192 x 150

The old Bayern Munich stadium was exactly the same; looked small and poxy on non-matchdays but looked awesome where there was a game on.

Good thread

Juventus 170 x 200

Dortmund 187 x 200

Mestalla 192 x 150

A foot long Subway

Juventus 170 x 200

Dortmund 187 x 200

Mestalla 192 x 150

The new San Mames?
About the capacity we'd look at for a redevelopment.

The new San Mames?
About the capacity we'd look at for a redevelopment.

177 x 200 although it hasnt got straight edges, width varies between about 119 & 177

san-mames.jpg

Juventus 170 x 200

Dortmund 187 x 200

Mestalla 192 x 150

We could build inwards and just have a 5 aside pitch

This would bring down the squad size and reduce the wage bill

Up with this sort of thing.

What we need are a few overlays of the stadia style we'd be looking at, to be get a sense of where we'd need to buy up land.

Bullens side of ground as we have length on Goodison rd side but to get the length on Bullens side we'd need to take the ends off the rows of houses, I've also in an attempt to get to the largest footprint possible fiddled around with using the road junction deeming that diverting a road is nothing to expect the council to do in comparison to the bending over and presenting themselves like a bitch on heat that they have done for the other lot who are about to make it where locals cant afford to attend any more.

The Par de Prince btw is over the top of a Motorway so I'm taking it that the existence of a road is a minor obstacle, and if we were to go into the junction then it could be moved across a touch to where the shop is currently.

Bullens side of ground as we have length on Goodison rd side but to get the length on Bullens side we'd need to take the ends off the rows of houses, I've also in an attempt to get to the largest footprint possible fiddled around with using the road junction deeming that diverting a road is nothing to expect the council to do in comparison to the bending over and presenting themselves like a bitch on heat that they have done for the other lot who are about to make it where locals cant afford to attend any more.

The Par de Prince btw is over the top of a Motorway so I'm taking it that the existence of a road is a minor obstacle, and if we were to go into the junction then it could be moved across a touch to where the shop is currently.
I assume that if we were to redevelop Goodison the likely avenue to do so would be to expand the Bullens deeper across the road and buy up a couple of the houses at the end of each of the roads so that the road could be redirected through there.
The park end could then be redeveloped which in addition to the Bullens would provide much of the required capacity and improved hospitality offering.

I assume that if we were to redevelop Goodison the likely avenue to do so would be to expand the Bullens deeper across the road and buy up a couple of the houses at the end of each of the roads so that the road could be redirected through there.
The park end could then be redeveloped which in addition to the Bullens would provide much of the required capacity and improved hospitality offering.
Knock down the park end and start again, league 1 stand that

Some of these I've measured are big places as well dont forget & I'm measuring ours with straight lines, I'm not proposing an irregular shape such as the awful on 1 end Arriva but the thing doesnt have to be totally rectangular.

btw, The Pit before the new stand is a 135 x 170 Portal to Beelzebub

Status
Not open for further replies.