2018/19 The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not desperate to be negative about us. I’m an Everton fan, who wants the best for my club, and have been for years.

Keep trying to build up your little internet following, fella. You’re hilarious.

LOL
giphy.gif

Did he not realise when he delivered the park end stand it should've had 2 tiers?

According to the wisdom of our far-sighted Chairman, Dr Marsh, and our board at the time, including a Mr William Kenwright, the days of the 50,000 crowds at football were over, people had other things to do now on a Saturday afternoon. We'd averaged not much more than 20,000 in the previous two seasons and they weren't astute enough to see the potential of the Premier League.

According to the wisdom of our far-sighted Chairman, Dr Marsh, and our board at the time, including a Mr William Kenwright, the days of the 50,000 crowds at football were over, people had other things to do now on a Saturday afternoon. We'd averaged not much more than 20,000 in the previous two seasons and they weren't astute enough to see the potential of the Premier League.

Despite being part of the group to instigate the formation...

We, as in Pip Carter, was part of the group negotiating rights for tv games that was part of the PL raison d'etre. We instigated it with 4 other teams.
unless you were about them days, you have no idea, the Premier League wasn't even a twinkle on the horizon.
The year before we started our most successful period in history, i think we had 11,000 at Goodison for the game against Coventry, this was 1983/84.
I can remember turning up on the day we were presented with the League Championship trophy in 85 and paid on the turnstile, it wasn't even a sell out if i remember.

unless you were about them days, you have no idea, the Premier League wasn't even a twinkle on the horizon.
The year before we started our most successful period in history, i think we had 11,000 at Goodison for the game against Coventry, this was 1983/84.
I can remember turning up on the day we were presented with the League Championship trophy in 85 and paid on the turnstile, it wasn't even a sell out if i remember.
Good days , actually.
When you think back to those days it's grotesque what the sport has become.
Ah well.

I thought the point was regarding the park end stand being built as a single tier, if that's not the case then it's crossed wires, so, take this 'no idea' malarky and swing, I've been around this club for 54 years and seen plenty.

I thought the point was regarding the park end stand being built as a single tier, if that's not the case then it's crossed wires, so, take this 'no idea' malarky and swing, I've been around this club for 54 years and seen plenty.
i wasn't having a go at you in particular, just the general comments from everyone about the board not having the forsight to build a 60,000 all seater stadium.
It wasn't on anyones agenda back then.

i wasn't having a go at you in particular, just the general comments from everyone about the board not having the forsight to build a 60,000 all seater stadium.
It wasn't on anyones agenda back then.

Really. But the point I was responding to still stands. The PL was in its infancy. The stand was under construction for the Wimbledon game, not beards before.

Really. But the point I was responding to still stands. The PL was in its infancy. The stand was under construction for the Wimbledon game, not beards before.
True, the Wimbledon game was 1994?, still not sure that anyone was really aware of what the Premier league would bring.

The size of the Park End stand was dictated by one thing, money or more accurately our lack of it.
We haven't had a pot to piddle in since JM shuffled off this mortal coil.
It's been our problem for 3 decades now, until Moshiri of course.
No amount of foresight could overcome a distinct lack of geld.
In any case it's not the fault of a project manager as irritating as these people usually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.