The events of yesterday recapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

john jako

CHIEF SCOUT EVERTON FC LTD
So much happened yesterday and I’ve woke up today with the feeling I have missed something. Yesterday was like a script from a Christmas episode of eastenders and I’m unsure if it’s all still a dream/nightmare.

Quick recap.

The board release statement saying they have been advised to stay away from ground due to fears for their own safety.

Everton get beat by a club rock bottom of the league with a farmer from the valleys in charge. During the game Antony Gordon decided he wasn’t arsed about the clubs future and gave away one of the most pathetic and petulant fouls I’ve ever seen that led to one of the leagues best free kick takers having a chance to score which he took. Thanks Tony.

Protest goes off without incident in ground.

Videos emerge of Yerry Mina being confronted by fans outside goodison. Yerry states he will always give his all for this club whilst forgetting he gets 120k a week and averages 180 mins of footy a season.

More videos emerge of fans/youths barricading roads to block the players in. Gordon is chased down the street by blokes dressed in north face clobber.

Pictures emerge of Ellis simms in his car being surrounded by blues. He must miss sunderland. Never thought I’d ever say that about anyone.

Frank Lampard isn’t sacked.

Finally, it comes to light that a club director was assaulted leaving the Brighton game 11 days ago. It is claimed she was headlocked by a fan. Nonsense.

Did I miss anything? What else happened?

Shameful period for us as a club.

In the past when we’ve struggled desperately on the pitch (I’m thinking ‘94 and ‘98) we have at least retained our dignity and kept our reputation as a great club and a knowledgeable fanbase intact.

What we saw yesterday was kopite-esque. How is chasing young Gordon’s car and banging on his windows and shouting abuse at him etc going to inspire him to play better? It has enabled the media to portray us with the old Scouse stereotypes: nationally we are now seen as violent, thuggish, entitled, uneducated, dim-witted and self-pitying.

We have made the board’s allegations of their lives being in danger seem credible to the media and to a national audience.

The board have won.

So much happened yesterday and I’ve woke up today with the feeling I have missed something. Yesterday was like a script from a Christmas episode of eastenders and I’m unsure if it’s all still a dream/nightmare.

Quick recap.

The board release statement saying they have been advised to stay away from ground due to fears for their own safety.

Everton get beat by a club rock bottom of the league with a farmer from the valleys in charge. During the game Antony Gordon decided he wasn’t arsed about the clubs future and gave away one of the most pathetic and petulant fouls I’ve ever seen that led to one of the leagues best free kick takers having a chance to score which he took. Thanks Tony.

Videos emerge of Yerry Mina being confronted by fans outside goodison. Yerry states he will always give his all for this club whilst forgetting he gets 120k a week and averages 180 mins of footy a season.

More videos emerge of fans/youths barricading roads to block the players in. Gordon is chased down the street by blokes dressed in north face clobber.

Pictures emerge of Ellis simms in his car being surrounded by blues. He must miss sunderland. Never thought I’d ever say that about anyone.

Finally, it comes to light that a club director was assaulted leaving the Brighton game 11 days ago. It is claimed she was headlocked by a fan. Nonsense.

Dyche being spotted sampling the hot wok menu.

Quick recap.

Well according to some kopites….erm sorry i mean blues…all that didn't happen and it was not our fault!!!

Quick recap.

That’s the last few seasons summed up nicely in one days events

The one thing I would say, is that this morning is the morning after the night before, and a period of calm and reflection is now required from all involved, owner, board, management and coaching, players and fans about how we move forward from here, there has to be some consensus as to how we attempt to rebuild fractured relationships and how we move forward in a positive and constructive way. That requires communication, focus and discipline as we are as close to the precipice as I have ever known.

The hysteria/threats/violence is pathetic. Three teams get relegated every season. We haven't been one of them for over 50 years. We seem to think that we have a divine right not to be one of them for the next 50 years. We don't. Or do we think that it's ok for fans of every club that flirts with relgation to act like d***heads season after season? Some people need to grow up.

Shameful period for us as a club.

In the past when we’ve struggled desperately on the pitch (I’m thinking ‘94 and ‘98) we have at least retained our dignity and kept our reputation as a great club and a knowledgeable fanbase intact.

What we saw yesterday was kopite-esque. How is chasing young Gordon’s car and banging on his windows and shouting abuse at him etc going to inspire him to play better? It has enabled the media to portray us with the old Scouse stereotypes: nationally we are now seen as violent, thuggish, entitled, uneducated, dim-witted and self-pitying.

We have made the board’s allegations of their lives being in danger seem credible to the media and to a national audience.

The board have won.

I mentioned this in another thread, how they don’t represent the club.
I’d say this is on the club, also. They’ve seen these lads doing what they want, acting idiotic, being disrespect and an embarrassment, and instead of handling it, they just let them do what they want to the point they think they’re untouchable.

I detest the board, I despite half the players. But pick your battles. Why would you barricade players in, let alone Mina and Simms? Simms a young lad, Mina who never even played.

They don’t represent Everton, they’re an embarrassment. The club know who these are now, and you’d hope they’d act on it.

Shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.