malcson

Player Valuation: £10m
The following players from Everton formed a core part of that squad:
Jonjoe Kenny
Callum Connolly
Kieran Dowell
Dominic Calvert Lewin
Ademola Lookman

Add in Tom Davies and if most of them can take the next step in the next 12-18 months that could be a hell of a young team. The Everton Players are all developing at similar rates to the other players who made up that squad with DCL having more Premiership minutes than any other player who was in that World Cup winning team.

Well Tom Davies is 20 years old and made 72 appearances for Everton and I don't even know his best position or what he excels in.
Dowell looks a prospect but failed to impress in pre season/cup games has talent though for sure.
DCL no words needed
Lookman will probably leave but has a bundle of talent but clealy has attitude problems OR just really really hates being at Everton
Jonjoe, I like him pretty shaky defensively but I think he's a decent threat attacking I wouldn't mind seeing him start more for us

The following players from Everton formed a core part of that squad:
Jonjoe Kenny
Callum Connolly
Kieran Dowell
Dominic Calvert Lewin
Ademola Lookman

Add in Tom Davies and if most of them can take the next step in the next 12-18 months that could be a hell of a young team. The Everton Players are all developing at similar rates to the other players who made up that squad with DCL having more Premiership minutes than any other player who was in that World Cup winning team.

So far, you'd have to be overall disappointed about individuals but happy with DCL performance wise. No doubt about it that if they were all sold we would make a packet though.

I think we will add a few and lose a few this summer...

GK Virginia
RB Kenny Holgate
CB
LB
DM
CM Davies
AM Vlasic
RF Richarlison
CF DCL
LF Lookman/Onyekuru

If it was me, id be looking at the u23s and who could step up + also additions...if we can fill in those blank spaces then half the squad are extremely young which bodes well for us.

So far, you'd have to be overall disappointed about individuals but happy with DCL performance wise. No doubt about it that if they were all sold we would make a packet though.

I think we will add a few and lose a few this summer...

GK Virginia
RB Kenny Holgate
CB
LB
DM
CM Davies
AM Vlasic
RF Richarlison
CF DCL
LF Lookman/Onyekuru

If it was me, id be looking at the u23s and who could step up + also additions...if we can fill in those blank spaces then half the squad are extremely young which bodes well for us.
I think you get to a point where, if these lads haven’t broke in by 22, which most of that list our then the writing is on the wall.

Also we have another good group of very good young players and we are just holding them back by keeping all the others.

Jonjoe Kenny
Callum Connolly
Kieran Dowell
Dominic Calvert Lewin
Ademola Lookman
Only one good player there.

Lookman not good enough to start for a Premier League side, and the rest Championship material at best.

Lookman not good enough to start for a Premier League side, and the rest Championship material at best.

...a month or so ago, lots on here we’re suggesting DCL should be on loan at a Championship club. It’s a bit of a lazy viewpoint to take.

The truth is, it’s very difficult to gauge the future capability of most youngsters. For example, I was thinking earlier about how avarege Kevin Ratcliffe was when he came into the side as a LB.

At international level, there’s clearly a strategy to keep that group of players together. Kenny, Dowell and Lookman get rare top flight game time but still play at international level. It seems to be working, especially with the introduction of young, inexperienced players at full international. I wouldn’t in the least bit surprised if DCL is in a full England squad in the very near future.

Lookman, Calvert-Lewin and Davies are all easily Premier League players. They've shown as much in the Premier League games they've played. Similar could be said for Kenny too.

Whether they're consistent or good enough for Everton long-term is a different matter.

Come on, man. Lookman is definitely good enough to start for a PL side. The kid had 5 goals and 3 assists in less than 600 minutes of play in the Bundesliga.

West Ham started Snodgrass in the midfield against us last week, Davies is miles better than him and would start for a couple PL sides no question. Please.

...a month or so ago, lots on here we’re suggesting DCL should be on loan at a Championship club. It’s a bit of a lazy viewpoint to take.

The truth is, it’s very difficult to gauge the future capability of most youngsters. For example, I was thinking earlier about how avarege Kevin Ratcliffe was when he came into the side as a LB.

At international level, there’s clearly a strategy to keep that group of players together. Kenny, Dowell and Lookman get rare top flight game time but still play at international level. It seems to be working, especially with the introduction of young, inexperienced players at full international. I wouldn’t in the least bit surprised if DCL is in a full England squad in the very near future.
I think DCL needed a season of consistant minutes, and we probably all hoped it would have been elsewhere to aid his development as we clearly required (and have badly missed not having) a top goalscorer up front. Ultimately it turned out he got those minutes with us and he's definitely benefited from it. He's proven a handful for City, Chelsea and Arsenal this season, and that is proof alone that he'll make it in this league.

Davies has not had a good game since we played City in 2017. He might get a gig at a much smaller team in the league if he's lucky, but I do see his future in the Championship. That's no slight on him, it's a very good career and he'd still have the opportunity to develop and move back up if he improves.

Kenny will get a game for a Championship club, but no way will he ever be a starter in the Premier League.

Lookman may or may not make it yet, don't think anybody can say either way.

Dowell, probably Championship.

I think DCL needed a season of consistant minutes, and we probably all hoped it would have been elsewhere to aid his development as we clearly required (and have badly missed not having) a top goalscorer up front. Ultimately it turned out he got those minutes with us and he's definitely benefited from it. He's proven a handful for City, Chelsea and Arsenal this season, and that is proof alone that he'll make it in this league.

Davies has not had a good game since we played City in 2017. He might get a gig at a much smaller team in the league if he's lucky, but I do see his future in the Championship. That's no slight on him, it's a very good career and he'd still have the opportunity to develop and move back up if he improves.

Kenny will get a game for a Championship club, but no way will he ever be a starter in the Premier League.

Lookman may or may not make it yet, don't think anybody can say either way.

Dowell, probably Championship.

....well that’s their futures sorted.

Lookman, Calvert-Lewin and Davies are all easily Premier League players. They've shown as much in the Premier League games they've played. Similar could be said for Kenny too.

Whether they're consistent or good enough for Everton long-term is a different matter.
Tez your last line is a very good point, I think the more they play the more they will improve as DCL seems to be showing, Kenny is another who has proved he’s got what it takes, as I think Davies will do, Lookman has got bags of skill and his potential is there foe all to see, it’s just his attitude and willingness to show he wants to play for Everton, plus tracking back like Bernard and Richarlison do, time is on his side but he has got quite a bit to prove.

The fact that some of the younger players at Everton are inconsistent doesn't mean they don't have a potential future here is odd. Most young players are inconsistent and at 21-22 are still at least 5 years away from what is usually considered an outfield players peak years.

A lot has been made in the press about Hudson-Odoi and Sancho in the England squad. Potentially great players but the truth of the matter is that Sancho has been very inconsistent in Germany and Hudson-Odoi has yet to break through into regular first team football and any appearances he makes are often hyped in order to hammer Sarri or the PL in general. Narrative often nudges fact aside.

There's a core of potentially very good or excellent young English players at Everton and some can't wait to bin them off because they don't have a "prodigy" like impact.

A good performance n the u21 tournament and starting next season with us and i'd say he will be pretty much guarenteed the first squad of next season. Thats an if though

Status
Not open for further replies.