The end of Hibbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never rated the lad as a starter but thought he did improve somewhat a couple seasons ago. Thought his positioning was brutal. Maybe it was moyes!! However he was good in the tackle on one v ones. His commitment and loyalty to everton is second to none. For me he is good back up and would be useful to have to put some Estonian little winger into row z if necessary

Estonian? I was thinking a little closer to home...

a brutal mistimed challenge would be celebrated in verse just as much as the less likely virgin goal.

(who put the xxxx in the Park End stand.. Tony Tony Hibbert)

Love to see Hibbo and Osman retire at Everton. I couldn´t give a flying banana what wages they are taking in until they do.

Some people get far too caught up in where the pennies are spent. I can understand worrying if we splunk 20M on Nathan Gayle or something, but begrudging and complaining about Hibbert staying on a year??

Hibbert is better than Alcaraz.

so therefore i'd always have him in my team as back up now. But said before i have the sneaking suspicion it will be Tony's legs that retire him before he wants to. Given the choice he will still be here when he is 40

If WE didn't sign him, could you see any other PL team offering him a contract??

its a joke that Hibbert has been around for the last 5 years.

Shipped said:
Martinez:
"I would love Tony to stay with us. When you get the experience of Tony, having a happy Tony Hibbert at the club will allow youngsters to achieve their potential. He's got that world of wisdom and is a reliable footballer."

I'm cool with that.

TBF many of us have wanted rid of Hibbo for several years now.

What made you call yourself evil mate ?

Anyway, i have no problem with giving Hibbo a new contract. He's never been the most gifted footballer so that's hardly news, but as backup to Seamus we could do a lot worse. People need to read what Martinez has said too.

Having said all that, I'm not sure he'll sign a new playing contract.

Last edited:

One of our most loyal players getting lambasted by our supporters because the manager wants to offer him a new contract

Sickening

.....understand where you are coming from, but ultimately we are not a charity and there's only so much to spend. I find it a bit odd that he's being given a new deal, but I'm ok with it as long as he's providing value. That isn't visible on the pitch, so I presume he's a good influence and doing his bit behind the scenes.

Fans complain about the lack of loyalty in todays football. Hibbo gives 100% , not the most gifted , but never moans or complains. A squad player who will do the job asked of him
Deserves a new contract

He never moans or complains because he is a Div1 quality player picking up Premier League wages thanks to our generosity.

Love to see Hibbo and Osman retire at Everton. I couldn´t give a flying banana what wages they are taking in until they do.

Some people get far too caught up in where the pennies are spent. I can understand worrying if we splunk 20M on Nathan Gayle or something, but begrudging and complaining about Hibbert staying on a year??
I Carnt wait for the day.

This is exactly what made Everton fans the greatest over the decades. We love and take care of our own to the end. No matter what you may think of them as players we support the blue blood that runs through their veins.

Status
Not open for further replies.