The Derby -Vandalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely regarding advantage being lost regarding removal of the fans from the ground. However there is nothing we can do about that with the current situation and the fact football is being forced back at all costs. What we can do something about is insist the game remains at GP, advantage or not. Why should we bend over backwards for them lot again? It is only games involving the mutants they may potentially have to be played at neutral venues. Fu*k them the horrible scumbags

I agree completely regarding advantage being lost regarding removal of the fans from the ground. However there is nothing we can do about that with the current situation and the fact football is being forced back at all costs. What we can do something about is insist the game remains at GP, advantage or not. Why should we bend over backwards for them lot again? It is only games involving the mutants they may potentially have to be played at neutral venues. Fu*k them the horrible scumbags

To be honest I think they'd much rather play the game at Goodison too rather than unnecessarily travel 3 hours out of their way to play it at Wembley.

What advantage do we gain by playing at an empty Goodison? The answer is none.
The answer isn’t none. However I assume you’re view is who cares and that’s mine.

The advantage is familiar surroundings, knowing the pitch, training on the pitch before hand, pitch dimensions.

As I say though, who cares. Had we been in the race for top 4 I’d say scrap for any advantage we deserve or have a right to. However we’re on the outside of the europa race. So play it on Stanley park for all it matters.

The answer isn’t none. However I assume you’re view is who cares and that’s mine.

The advantage is familiar surroundings, knowing the pitch, training on the pitch before hand, pitch dimensions.

As I say though, who cares. Had we been in the race for top 4 I’d say scrap for any advantage we deserve or have a right to. However we’re on the outside of the europa race. So play it on Stanley park for all it matters.

These aren't really advantages at all though in terms of the match itself. Once the game kicks off, it's just a game of football, same as it would be if we were playing at an empty Carrow Road. Home advantage really is 100% about the crowd.

Take your point. But I actually want the game to end up at Wembley, it would be a win win for us.

If they beat us we can just point to the fact that it was a complete farce not even played at home / If we beat them at Wembley it will be effing great!!

fry.jpeg

There's zero home advantage with no crowd, just look at the Bundesliga results. Really not arsed if it's at a neutral venue, imagine seeing them lifting the cup at Goodison, we will never hear the end of it.

Take your point. But I actually want the game to end up at Wembley, it would be a win win for us.

If they beat us we can just point to the fact that it was a complete farce not even played at home / If we beat them at Wembley it will be effing great!!

It's a complete farce anyway to be fair regardless of where it's played, I'd certainly struggle to celebrate too hard if we beat them.

These aren't really advantages at all though in terms of the match itself. Once the game kicks off, it's just a game of football, same as it would be if we were playing at an empty Carrow Road. Home advantage really is 100% about the crowd.

Mostly. But I disagree about the pitch. Size of pitch can be huge as can the cut of it, wet etc.

It’s fine margins but fine margins that CAN make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.