The Derby -Vandalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we be worried that the closer it gets the more chance that this game will be played at GP?

my fears are three fold:

The shoite fans cannot help themselves gathering in their thousands like lunatics at all major games
even without a ticket.

They will win their first prem title at our ground.

They will trash GP.

The three points above interlock, let me explain a little further. The shoite supporters are notorious for
having huge crowds turn up at Analfield for major games even if they do not have a ticket, this is done
not only to upset and unsettle the opposition but to give extra vocal support. Winning their first prem
will give them massive reasons to celebrate, but even more so winning it at GP. i believe that if they
where to win the prem at GP, which seems more and more likely as with the best will in the world we
will struggle against the shoite with our current squad and injuries, they will also already have the
12th man being their fans massing outside GP in their thousands and I therefore believe a lot of
vandalism may happen at GP and then probably a little retribution for our less savoury supporters.

With all the will in the world I do not believe this game could be played at GP safely and therefore
should not be played at GP.

I can see it already, the red echo stating it was Chelski/Manure/Man Shitty fans that vandalised GP
on the night of the derby whilst all redshoite fans where sitting at home in Norway watching the game
and therefore they cannot be held responsible for any damage to the stadium!
thank u for sharing your anxieties buddy. very brave of u.

It should be played at Goodison. We’re already losing the advantage of having a crowd there, why give the horrible tw*ts even more advantage by playing at Wembley or somewhere like that?

Everton should stand firm on this. If the fixture can’t be played at GP on safety grounds because their fans can’t be trusted then it shouldn’t be played at all. Give us the points and move on.

What advantage do we gain by playing at an empty Goodison? The answer is none.

Let’s discuss this if and only if City mess up against Arsenal.

If they win, it’s all over and they can’t so let’s no stress, eh?

Exactly, we can't start 'worrying' over something that is only hypothetical.

Maybe I'm being naïve but majority of reds I've spoke to understand the situation and will plan to hold their own celebrations at home regardless of where/when they win the title.

All I know is we need city to get a result from the Arsenal game, then whatever happens at the derby the outcome can't be them winning the title that night.

What advantage do we gain by playing at an empty Goodison? The answer is none.

If you re-read my post you will see that i've said we lose the advantage of having the crowd there (which is unfair and not in keeping with the intentions of the competition at the outset. However we would obviously be at even more of a disadvantage if we played them somewhere away from our home ground - imagine playing them on that big Wembley pitch - they'd murder us (excuse the pun).

If you re-read my post you will see that i've said we lose the advantage of having the crowd there (which is unfair and not in keeping with the intentions of the competition at the outset. However we would obviously be at even more of a disadvantage if we played them somewhere away from our home ground - imagine playing them on that big Wembley pitch - they'd murder us (excuse the pun).

Why would we be any more disadvantaged playing at an empty Wembley? The size of the pitch is not an issue, if anything a quick counter attacking side would prefer to play on a smaller pitch.

They lost the league at GP last year, let them fail to win it there again. They'll be celebrating it on their own with no fans, little media coverage anyway

Why would we be any more disadvantaged playing at an empty Wembley? The size of the pitch is not an issue, if anything a quick counter attacking side would prefer to play on a smaller pitch.

Really?? You don't think they'd have a field day exploiting the huge open spaces behind Michael Keane on a Wembley pitch? Doesn't make sense to me that.

I think with the history of the RS not abiding by rules at stadia, as we have seen in the past, I find it strange that a game that could potentially see them when the title could be played in the city. Saying that if they played the game in London thousands of fans would still gather outside the ground anyway. It really makes you wonder what are the merits of restarting the season? Obviously it must be financially motivated.

Really?? You don't think they'd have a field day exploiting the huge open spaces behind Michael Keane on a Wembley pitch? Doesn't make sense to me that.

If it was that easy then they’d be winning 5-0 at Old Trafford and the Emirates every season. A pitch being 10cm longer is not going to make the slightest difference.

Home advantage is lost as soon as you remove fans from the ground. That’s what home advantage is, having the crowd behind you. Once you remove the fans then it really doesn’t matter if you’re playing at an empty Goodison, an empty Wembley, an empty Etihad or the training field.

Status
Not open for further replies.