The Cost Of The Mosh Merry Go Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Reading the forum over the last few months, I have been struck by the flippancy about firing and hiring managers long term and short term.

I wanted to highlight a very realevent impact on Everton and thats the cost, something that is unsustainable and highlights the need to get the next appointment right.

So since the Mosh took over here is the trajectory of the managerial decisions and cost

Martinez sacked contract paid up = 10 mill
Koeman appointed compensation to Southampton = 5mill
Koeman sacked contract paid up = 12 mill

Hypothetically if we go for Dyche that is 2.5 mill in compensation to Burnley.

If we go for Allardyce Crystal Palace receive 2.0 mill in compensation

Essentially it’s the same for anyone give or take unless they are without a club.

Equally a fire fighter will be looking for a 18 month contract and will want the final year paid if we go a different direction in the summer.

My point is wanting to highlight this is that we have or could have heameroged 30-35 million on managers since Mosh took over.

To put that in perspective our net spend this summer was 40 odd million.

This has to have an impact on the clubs general welfare, not good.

Last edited:
Reading the forum over the last few months and the flippancy about firing and hiring managers long term and short term I wanted to highlight a very role event impact on Everton and thats the cost, something that is unsustainable and highlights the need to get the next appointment right

So since the Mosh took over here is the trajectory of the managerial trajectory and cost

Hypothetically if we go for Dyche that is 2.5 mill in compansatuion to Burnley.

Essentially it’s the same for anyone unless they are without the club.

We're turning into Newcastle/West Ham aren't we? It's a shame because our next manager is going to need time but it doesn't seem to be something any of our managers will enjoy from now on.

Reading the forum over the last few months, I have been struck by the flippancy about firing and hiring managers long term and short term.

I wanted to highlight a very realevent impact on Everton and thats the cost, something that is unsustainable and highlights the need to get the next appointment right.

So since the Mosh took over here is the trajectory of the managerial decisions and cost

Essentially it’s the same for anyone give or take unless they are without the club.

Equally a fire fighter will be looking for a 18 month contract and will want the final year paid if we go a different direction in the summer.

My point is wanting to highlight this is that we have or could have heameroged 30-35 million on managers since Mosh took over.

It's not your money, why bother.

Are you suggesting we should not sack Martinez?

It's not your money, why bother.

Are you suggesting we should not sack Martinez?

It essentially comes of the clubs bottom line mate, Martinez sacking was evident in the last accounts.

My point is less about the individuals skillsets and more about the impact and potential impact and what that means for the club.

It is crazy that Koeman could walk away with 24 million for one season, granted.

I hope he’s kept the receipts for Walsh and Koemans supermarket sweep.

Bet they crapped themselves when they found that there was more than one page to the transfer list and the pages were stuck together showing only attaching midfielders.

It essentially comes of the clubs bottom line mate, Martinez sacking was evident in the last accounts.

My point is less about the individuals skillsets and more about the impact and potential impact and what that means for the club.

It is crazy that Koeman could walk away with 24 million for one season, granted.

Please think of the effect of holding onto Martinez beyond the well being of the club without deteriorate further down the table with less prize money and worst still, flirting with relegation. That's money too you know?
Sacking Martinez was the right choice no matter how you look at it.

Essentially it’s the same for anyone give or take unless they are without a club.

We also bought a player for 28m and he got an ACL and bought poorly.

Cost of doing business.

Please think of the effect of holding onto Martinez beyond the well being of the club without deteriorate further down the table with less prize money and worst still, flirting with relegation. That's money too you know?
Sacking Martinez was the right choice no matter how you look at it.
If I could change that decision I would.

It is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of the useless recruitment since Moyes left.

We've basically signed Lukaku, and maybe Gueye/Deulofeu/Barry who have represented good value for money in that time.

Signings:
McGeady
McCarthy
Kone
Alcaraz
Galloway
Lukaku
Etoo
Besic
Barry
Deulofeu
Cleverley
Holgate
Funes Mori
Lennon
Tarashaj
Niasse
Stekelenburg
Gueye
Williams
Bolasie
Lookman
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Pickford
Keane
Sandro
Onyekuru
Vlasic
Sigurdsson

Barely a decent signing, let alone hit at all.

Moyes from 03/04 until 08/09
Bent
Kilbane
Martyn
McFadden
Cahill
Beattie
Davies
Kroldrup
Arteta
Nevile
Valente
VDM
Johnson
Lescott
Howard
Jageilka
Baines
Yakubu
Coleman
Pienaar
Saha
Fellaini

Basically about 75% hits.

Recruitment post 09/10 has killed us with the exceptions of Stones and Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.