The Challenge Now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LydiateLee

Player Valuation: £8m
As good as that defensive display was, it will be difficult to now transition to wanting to be on the front foot against a very poor Newcastle team on Wednesday.

The team will have worked non stop all last week on that game plan, focusing on allowing possession until the last 3rd and not really displaying any attacking intent at all. It worked and got us a result so happy days.

We need to address this away record and start recording some wins and Newcastle presents a big opportunity, they are woeful.

I'd like to see Lookman and Lennon start on the wings, with Gueye, Rooney and Sigurdsson. DCL upfront.

I thought Davies and Niasse were particularly poor yesterday and need dropping anyway.

Just hope that defensive mindedness won't translate in to our display on Wednesday.

As good as that defensive display was, it will be difficult to now transition to wanting to be on the front foot against a very poor Newcastle team on Wednesday.

The team will have worked non stop all last week on that game plan, focusing on allowing possession until the last 3rd and not really displaying any attacking intent at all. It worked and got us a result so happy days.

We need to address this away record and start recording some wins and Newcastle presents a big opportunity, they are woeful.

I'd like to see Lookman and Lennon start on the wings, with Gueye, Rooney and Sigurdsson. DCL upfront.

I thought Davies and Niasse were particularly poor yesterday and need dropping anyway.

Just hope that defensive mindedness won't translate in to our display on Wednesday.

We didn't play on the back foot against Hudderfield, West Ham or Limassol so pretty sure the team won't be like "god damnit, how do we cross the ball".

Different teams, different game plan.

Next.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-11_16-27-32.png
    upload_2017-12-11_16-27-32.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 74

...I wouldn’t expect too much too soon because we are what we are. We seem better organised but we still offer very little from a creative and attacking perspective. Newcastle might be poor but so were we yesterday. Taking a point from the game will be a plus at this stage.

I thought we were good yesterday. When rhino was in charge I was genuinely expecting a record derby loss.

We limited a team scoring an average of 3 a game to just 3 shots on target. A team that had the ball for about 78 minutes.

We had the ball for about 4 minutes. Scored.

More than 1 way to play football.

If we defend like that then we get a draw from this game minimum. There’s no way we’ll be as bad attacking as Newcastle don’t press as mad dog as Liverpool do. The prem away win drought ends here and the Allardyce express rolls on!

That was Niasse's first game since his ban wasn't it? It came in a game where we were never likely to make much of an impact in the final third so it seems a bit harsh to bin him after that game. I mean he isn't our long term solution but he's been alright and knocked a few in and we have very few other options up there.

The post also suggests that if we concentrate on one game plan for Liverpool that all footballing knowledge and ability to play in any other way just evaporates and we have to start from scratch, I'm not a big football fan if I'm honest but I don't think that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.