The case for Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a basket case lol great minds

giphy.gif

Jags started the first game and got sent off, costing us what would've been a win imo.

Baines has given 2 penalties away in the very limited game time he has had.

Both shouldn't be starting games but when they do I expect better.

To be fair Baines was excellent in the first game until he was Injured, he should never have played the second game as he was still not right. Bad call from the manager. Baines too brave for his own good.

I think he deserves to be given extra time, at least another couple of summer windows.

There are far too many under performing players that he inherited, at least give him a chance to bring in the players he ask Brands to get for him.

That being said, he isn’t blameless for the current situation. So I can understand why people want him sacked. I just think we will be in the same situation in 12 months if we do get rid of him.

So, what's your point? It's not his fault?
What the point generally is , away from the fairly obvious points with Silva, there are quite a few factors that limit what he can do.

Not the perennial issues like set pieces, that is on him at the end of the day. But having a reduced squad due to the sheer amount of players not even considered for the team due to poor performances. We need him to change things for example but have over a third of the squad who would play worse than the ones they would be replacing for example.

But this is just a discussion piece, not entirely supporting the manager. Simply considering the alternative view.

What the point generally is , away from the fairly obvious points with Silva, there are quite a few factors that limit what he can do.

Not the perennial issues like set pieces, that is on him at the end of the day. But having a reduced squad due to the sheer amount of players not even considered for the team due to poor performances. We need him to change things for example but have over a third of the squad who would play worse than the ones they would be replacing for example.

But this is just a discussion piece, not entirely supporting the manager. Simply considering the alternative view.
If He hasnt been sacked by now, nowt will happen until after the Derby...if then.
Then we get to the end of May and the Window...and I wouldn't like to speculate after then.
This is Moshiri, this is Everton...could go any way from the sublime to the ridiculous and all stations in between.

People say there is a lot of quality in the team, but is there?

Keane and Zouma are secondary CBs. Young lads who need a leader next to them.

Davies is hit and miss although I have been more impressed with him recently. Gueye is a stopper.

Walcott, Tosun, DCL all not good enough.

So your left with Pickford, Sig, Gomes, Digne, Bernard, Richarlison and (potentially) Mina given his pedigree.

It's a start but pound for pound have Wolves and WH got as many good players as us? Id say so. Same with Watford.

The last few weeks have been particularly poor but as I keep saying, this is a huge job of fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.