The Calvert-Lewin Poll

Will Calvert-Lewin justify his new five year contract ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolly Blue

Player Valuation: £80m
Yes, i know there's a thread already, but this one's got a poll and the bossman says

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc

... so here's a poll to vote on whether or not you think he's worth a new five year contract.

Mods : Please close this thread when the poll's closed in a couple of weeks, or earlier if you're so inclined.

Too early to say. I haven't seen anything to make me think he's either good or bad. Shouldn't really be first 11 next season from what I've seen so far though.

He seems a nice lad but I don't rate him tbh. Rashford is around the same age/came onto the scene at 18/19 and looks alot better. Obviously players develop at different ages but when you look at the likes of Dolberg/Dembele/Batshuyai all around/coming onto the scene at 19/20 he doesnt match up and I couldnt imagine DCL banging 15-20 a season even in the Dutch/French league.

Last edited:

Doesnt look the bizz at the moment. Has a bit of pace alright. Will never be able to play by himself up front and we have had 1 up front for as long long long time. He doesnt have the physique. Maybe playing up front off a target player. Going by what ive seen already im saying it look doubtful he will be a top player so needs to improve, and a lot.

The whole idea that a 19-year old, who's yet to make any real impact thus far, can command £40,000 a week for the next 5 years is staggering.

It could go three ways....

1. He's Gash, and we're lumbered with £2m a year for the lad for 5 years.
  2. He's boss, and it's great investment
  3. £40k a week for someone who was in League One playing against Yeovil, Burton and the likes last season, could send him off the rails, and ruin him.
I think it's a big risk. The management must see something most of us don't...... (possibly a forward... cause we dont see that)

Yes, i know there's a thread already, but this one's got a poll and the bossman says

... so here's a poll to vote on whether or not you think he's worth a new five year contract.

Mods : Please close this thread when the poll's closed in a couple of weeks, or earlier if you're so inclined.
Quiet night mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.