The best in the world at their position. At Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

roydo

in memoriam - 1965-2024
Staff member
Inspired by some chat in another thread.

Who, while they were/are (sic) at Everton, were/are (sic) the best, or close to, the best in Der World?

Ball and Nev maybe? Linekar couldnt be far off.

So not EVER, but at the time they played. Players who literally would have been signed by any contemporary club side.

Never saw Dixie play! But, yeah, he would seem to qualify under the Roydo test of worldbestishness

At times........

Fellaini. Best in der world at gettin' his toe on an opposition pass.

Tommy G Jones was apparently mustard as well. I remember years ago, Stan Matthews saying he was the best he played against - bar none.

Inspired by some chat in another thread.

Who, while they were/are (sic) at Everton, were/are (sic) the best, or close to, the best in Der World?

Ball and Nev maybe? Linekar couldnt be far off.

So not EVER, but at the time they played. Players who literally would have been signed by any contemporary club side.
Michael ball?

At times........

Fellaini. Best in der world at gettin' his toe on an opposition pass.

Tommy G Jones was apparently mustard as well. I remember years ago, Stan Matthews saying he was the best he played against - bar none.

That point about Fellaini, I get. You could say similar about Dunc, at his rampaging best, there were probably not many players who could do and play like he did.

A billion miles away from being the best striker in the world, but you get the idea.

Interesting thing about Dixie was that he put up those ridiculous numbers after they changed the offside rule to make it harder for forwards.Imagine what he might had scored before that if he hit the same kind of patch

Status
Not open for further replies.