The best in the world at their position. At Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy Lawton must be in with a shout - WWII was very cruel to him in that he was approaching his peak at the outbreak of war.

I read once that in 3 years as a school boy he scored 570 competitive goals.

Suppose it depends. if we're talking about roles - then Fellaini in that 12/13 season was for me the best type of second striker going - he was immense that year and nobody could quite do what he did.

For me though, I'd say Baines is the only one we've had (that i've seen play). From 2011-13 I'd say he was the best left back in world football.

Ray Wilson, Nev.

Bally was world class in my view but whether he was the best central midfielder of his time, I don't know.

Kevin Ratcliffe was some player as well, in his prime there weren't many better. I'm trying to imagine ex greats who would have played for any team in Europe.

Ray Wilson, Alan Ball, Neville Southall, Gary Lineker, Wayne Rooney and Leighton Baines

For what its worth...and players i have seen..
Southall,Wilson,Wright,Labone,Kendall,Harvey,Reid,
Steven,Thomas, Latchford and of course...
Alan Ball...
purely hypothetical but as unbalanced as some cryts might say .. that team could play, score more than the oppo, let a lot of goals in ...But we would still win ....

He wasnt the best in the world at his position at Everton. Isnt at United either.

Great, great player though, obv.

Disagree. When he went to Euro 2004 as an Everton player I believe he was the best and most sought after player in the world.
The sum he went for was amazing at the time.

Just my opinion like.

Status
Not open for further replies.